Mama Gemma

"Okay class, it's almost time to leave. Go get your back packs and everything together. I'll see you tomorrow," Ava told her class as parents started to arrive. She was glad to have to the day over with. Opie ended up having to stay longer than intended, but was supposed to come home tonight. Ava couldn't wait. She was heading to the hospital to see Tara to find out why she had been so sick these past few days. Ava had wanted Courtney to accompany her to this appointment, but she was swamped with cases, her mom was busy as well, so the only option Ava had was Gemma. When Ava had called her the night before, Gemma couldn't be happier to be with the girl she thought of as a daughter as Ava went through this difficult time.

Ava was walking up to the door just as Gemma was finishing up her cigarette. "Hey baby girl, you ready? Tara's in exam one waiting on us," Gemma tells her as the two linked arms and headed inside.

Sitting on the hospital bed in nothing but a gown was disconcerting for Ava. She was nervous as to what the outcome was going to be. "Okay, Ava. Before I do anything, I have to ask you a series of questions." Tara told her as she nodded, and listened to every question and made sure to answer each one honestly. After the questions, Ava was sent to give a urine sample even though she had told Tara she had her period just two weeks ago so there was no Ava could be pregnant. Tara had to be absolutely sure. "We'll wait for those results first, then decide what to do from there. Ava, don't be scared. I'm gonna make sure everything is okay," Tara tells Ava as she hugs her friend and walks out of the room.

"Baby, it's gonna be okay. You're tough. Whatever this is, you'll make it. You got a whole family behind you and a man who loves you," Gemma says. Ava just nodded at the strong woman before her, and hoped that whatever this was, it wasn't too bad. Her worries were getting the best of her just as Tara walked in and set on her stool looking at Ava's test results.

"Ava, are you positive your last period was two weeks ago?" Tara questions.

"I'm positive because Opie wanted to have sex just before he left, and I couldn't because of that reason," Ava says looking at Gemma worriedly," what are the results Tara?"

"Ava, you're pregnant," she states.