Old Ladies: It's What We Do

*Much love to the followers, readers and voters. xxxxx*

“How are we supposed to deal with this shit?” Courtney asked her cousin and Tara as they sat in Courtney’s office having lunch.

“What are you talking about?” Tara asked.

“This whole them just all of a sudden having to leave kinda thing,” Courtney explains.

Ava had been wondering the same exact thing, but could only come up with one answer. “It’s what an old lady does, Court. We’re here to keep shit in line while they’re gone, and to be here when they get back.”

Courtney just nodded as Tara spoke up and asked Ava where Kenny and Ellie were.

“They wanted to spend some time with Piney, so I dropped them by the clubhouse. We go back to school in a few days though. They’re dreading it,” Ava told her.

The girls spent the rest of Courtney’s lunch with her before heading their separate ways. As Ava was getting in her car, the phone rang showing Opie’s picture across the screen.

“Hey babe,” Ava answers.

“Hey. What’s up?” Opie asks.

“Just left from lunch with the ladies. Thanks for the help cleaning up yesterday by the way.”

“We’re wrapping shit up tonight, and I should be home early tomorrow. Sorry about that. I was so looking forward to cleaning.” Opie tells her sarcastically.

“You’re an ass. But anyway, I’m glad. I can’t wait to have you home. We have a few days to make up for.”

“Don’t say that shit when I’m so far away, Ava. I miss you.”

Laughing, she responds,” I miss you too baby. The kids tell me to send you their love.”

“Tell them I love them too. I gotta go, but I’ll call you later. Love you.”

“I love you too.”

Ava hung up the phone just in time to pull over, open her car door and throw up.

She had to catch her breath when she got back in her car and headed to get the kids and go home. All she wanted to do was lay down.