Chapter 8

Chapter 8

‘Jail’

“She is under the age of 21, she should not be in a unisex cell.” Jacob states his eyes firmly on me. He looks away briefly and leans on the desk.

“Strike 1, she is also only 70% covered did you offer he a blanket? Did they?” Jacob snaps his head to look at me and I shake my head quickly feeling a little bit scared by his business tone scared but a little bit tuned on?

So not the time!

“Strike 2, one more and every single person you arrested tonight could be let out with out being charge.” He hisses to the woman, my cell suddenly wakes up at that and I flinch, some of these men deserve to be behind bars.

“Did they read you your rights?” Jacob turns to me again anger flashing in his eyes his jaw tense. I shake my head.

“No.” I say quietly and he nods his head gruffly at me.

“Strike 3, I want to speak to the Officer in charge and I’ll have those release papers now.” He speaks quickly running a hand through his dark hair roughly. The women behind the desk looks terrified her lips trembles as she rushed off somewhere.

Jacob walks towards me and places his hands on top of mine and for a moment I see worry in his eyes.

“What did you do?” He says letting out a breath I flinch. I didn’t want to tell him, I felt he wouldn’t like it. His eyes search mine for an answer but I don’t give him one. He looks down at my outfit and his jaw twitches.

“I need a damn blanket.” He snaps and another officer rushes off probably to do what he was told.

“Im not cold.” I mumble not understanding why he was acting this way, I was the girl that attempted to punch him in the face and attack his friend, right?

“I know, but I don’t like the way those men are looking at you.” He snaps his eyes dangerous as he looks behind me.

I stay staring at him for a moment his strong facial features make me swoon slightly, he’s breathtakingly handsome. A loud noise from behind me makes Jacob move back releasing his hands from mine; I almost moan I felt like he had taken a part of me.

Okay knock it off Sia! Get a god damn grip, you are in jail!

“Mr. Brooks, would you like to talk in my office?” A woman in a pencil skirt walks forward her hand outstretched to Jacob her long red hair annoying me. He smiles at her politely, but I can’t help but think it’s more than that.

As he takes her hand in his I bite my lip, was I jealous? I didn’t even know the boy but I felt like it was wrong for him to touch her, in fact I hated it. Gritting my teeth I move back to my seat next to Chris.

I never should have called him.

_______________________________________________________________________________

“Sienna West? You’re free to go.” Standing up quickly I slap a high five to Chris as I pull my hair tie out and shake it around my face.

I had been sitting in that cell for two hours, no sign of Jacob and right about now I was happy he had stayed out of my way other wise I may have broken through the bars to slap him.

“Thanks.” I say walking past the officer and following the corridor around. The reception desk at the front of the station was clear except for a few couples obviously here to pick up there kids up from the bust.

“Sienna West.” I murmur to the man behind the counter wanting my sports bag back so I could shove a hoody over my head. A walk home at this time of night needs something more than a sports bra.