Chapter 14

Chapter 14

‘Date night’

Sitting nervously at my kitchen table I tap my fingers on the table biting my lip. Why an earth did I agree to a date with Jacob Brooks? Was I high?

“Sienna, why are you all dressed up?” My mum walks in carrying a plant, I roll my eyes at her worst attempt at keeping a plant alive yet. I admire my black mid thigh dress and run a hand through my curled hair.

“I sort of have a date.” I mumble quietly feeling slightly embarrassed, to my surprise (Heavy sarcasm) my mum squeals excitedly.

“Who is he? Do I know him? Oh you look lovely, you must really like him!” Her voice spins me out as I attempt to isolate what she had just said.

Mothers!

“His name is Jacob, no you don’t so please don’t embarrass me.” I say standing up and pulling my leather jacket over my shoulders with ease feeling my nerves multiply at the sound of a car engine.

“I will wait up! You can tell me all about it.” I flinch as she peels to the front door obviously hearing the car as well.

My eyes widen, oh god, please no. I rush out to the hall way only to see my mum smiling with the door wide open revealing a smartly dressed Jacob not in a suit this time, dress pants and a black shirt, a polite smile on his face. He looks amazing.

“Aren’t you a big handsome young man?” My mum says in awe looking him up and down about as subtle as if she dies her hair pink, oh god.

“Thank you mam, I’m Jacob.” He offers her his hand with an easy smile and she sighs slightly a giggling bursting out her lips I look at her mortified.

This is why I never bring new people over!

“Taliah and I had Sia when I was very young.” She giggles again and my jaw snaps open. Jacob looks at her a surprised expression running through his eyes.

“Right, we better be going.” I say quickly walking hastily towards the door; Jacob looks at me his eyes bright with happiness?

“You look beautiful.” He murmurs placing a kiss on my cheek, my heart almost melts.

Could he get any better? My mum swoons slightly and I send her a sharp glare.

“You sure you don’t want to come in for a drink?” She asks Jacob stepping in front of me slightly, I roll my eyes.

Great now my forty four year old mum is a cougar.

“No, bye mum. Don’t wait up.” I say stepping out from behind her and swinging the door closed. Taking a deep breath I turn to Jacob he looks amused.

“She seems nice.” He says as I grimace.

“Yeah.” I snort slightly as we begin to walk towards a different car, a small black sports car.

“Nice wheels.” I say with a wolf whistle, Jacobs lips twitch.

“The truck is on one piece then.” He mentions opening the passenger side door for me; I jump in allowing the cool leather to calm my nerves slightly.

I search through my bag to find the truck keys to return them; I really liked driving it I felt like the king of the road. Jacob slides into the driver’s seat closing his door with a soft click, my breath catches in my throat as I realize im in a small space with a man that makes my emotions go wild.

“Keep them.” He says noticing the keys in my hand I roll my eyes.

“Don’t be silly it’s your car.” I say placing the keys closer to him he shakes his head.