Chapter 3

Chapter 3

‘Is that a dogging spot I never heard about?’

“Sia you can not take the car again! I’m going on a date!” I turn to face by older brother my face hopefully mirroring the look of annoyance I was feeling.

“You date every night Ro! It’s MY car! Next time don’t wrap yours round a fucking tree.” I snap at him as I slump down on my sofa allowing all my muscles to relax.

Romeo looks torn between fighting back and being a good brother and dropping it. I turn my attention to the TV my mouth watering from the delicious smell of food my mum is making from the kitchen.

“Fine, drop me off in town at nine? Do it or I will tell Mum you dislocated your shoulder last week.” I turn to stare angrily at Romeo.

My mum knew I fought but she thought it was just like boxing for girls she never knew I got hurt, just like she thought Romeo was bringing home the same girl every night. She was in the know just not with all the details. Romeo sends me a cocky grin and my blood boils.

“Don’t threaten me jack ass! I will tell mum about that message from the health clinic on the machine!” I hiss right back watching as his face falls to one of embarrassment.

“I’ll tell mum you lost your virginity to Ben Pierce who is now in prison for drug dealing.” I gasp out loud, that was a low blow and by his huge grin he knew it. I stand up tensing my shoulders.

Ben Pierce was the high school bad boy who drove a motor bike and had these amazing green eyes, he shagged around half the school before I fell in to his trap. However mistakes are made to learn from, water under the bridge and all that.

“Low blow! I’ll tell mum about Megan’s pregnancy scare and Louise and Tammy and Carla and-“I say ticking of names with my fingers Romeo grimaces at each name.

“Okay! You win!” He grunts turning away from me and stopping up the stairs. Little sister 1 big brother 0!

“Dinners ready!” My mum’s voice interrupts my internal celebration dance and I leap out the front room to get to the table first. First one there gets the bigger bit of pie for dessert!

“Suck it brother!” I poke my tongue out as Romeo slides in to the room his face dropping when he sees me all ready seated and smiling.

“Little sister - 2!” I say out loud high fiving myself, I watch as Romeo scowls and sits on the chair opposite me kicking my feet in the process.

Feet war? My eyes widen. Challenge accepted!

_______________________________________________________________________________

“So Sia, are there any lucky men on the scene?” I choke slightly on my big piece of chocolate orange pie my mum looking at me her eyes strong with love and amusement. Romeo snorts slightly running a hand through his unfairly shiny hair.

“No, I’m concentrating on my studies right now.” I mumble hating this conversation. I was only eighteen and my mum was the only mother in the city that wanted me married with kids by the time im twenty five!

I have dated in the past but I panic when it comes to commitment and end up running for the hills before they can finish there ‘I love you’ speech. I and Romeo have that in common. Romeo sends me a sly smirk and I narrow my eyes.

“So how was Melissa?” I ask out loud and he sends me an ‘I can’t believe you just said that’ look and I smile back sweetly. My mum looks surprised and I internally cheer, she took the bait.