Chapter 17

Chapter 17

‘Mummy’s boy’

Feeling the minutes tick by I slowly remove myself from hip lap.

I need to think and being so close with him feeling his breath on my neck was not going to help me do that.

Meet his mother? He does know we have only known each other two weeks? He only told me about mating yesterday?

Is this some kind of wolf thing to go a faster pace, well no, crap im going to panic?

“Sia, why do you look so scared?” He asks standing up and walking over to my new position pacing in front of his desk, I shake my head and step away from him.

“I can’t meet your mother.” I say slightly high pitched, he cocks his head to the left in a questioning manner and I gulp.

            “It’s too soon.” I remark hoping he will understand, he’s meant to be my ‘one and only’ he should understand it being too soon.

His mouth forms a tight line and I watch as he looks confused. I sigh.

“Look im not great with relationships or anything like that.” I begin awkwardly as I take another step away from him.

He watches me and his face falls with every step I take I gulp and stop moving.

“We are meant to be together Sienna; I won’t let you leave me.” He says and my eye brows shoot up.

“What? No! Jacob im not leaving you!” I say quickly taking a step closer to him.

Is that he thought I was getting at? Oh god no, I couldn’t do that the connection I have with him has me curious. Relief floods over his face as I step another space closer.

“It’s just we only went on one date and I think you have to be boyfriend and girlfriend when it’s the whole meet the mother thing.” I say watching as he leans against his desk his lips pressed together, he’s thinking.

“We dream of meeting our soul mates, only 50 percent of us do. So when I met you I couldn’t believe how lucky I was. I guess I forget that you don’t see things the way I do. I’m sorry for rushing things; yes you can have a longer lunch break, off course anything for you.” He says a sad smile on his face my heart leaps in distaste.

I didn’t mean to upset him! Why can’t I be all romantic and lovey dovey!?

“Jacob, you’ll help me understand?” I ask him stepping forward so im between his legs he looks down at me, he nods his head and wraps his arms round my waist.

“You’ll have to tell me at what pace we need to go.” He mumbles snuggling into my neck, I giggle slightly.

I have a funny feeling if it was up to him we would be married tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting across from Harley she sends me a small smile and I breathe okay, I can do this. Stick to the truth but avoid wolves, I can do it.

“So, you want to go first?” I ask her weakly, she takes a sip of her coffee her eyes narrowed, she shakes her head.

Okay cool, no worries. Crap.

“Well, I guess it starts after he got me out of jail, we just started talking and then we kept meeting all the time like fate was telling us to walk a certain direction and then he asked me out and I admit I had started liking him, but I was confused because after all why would he be interested in me?