We'll be okay - Dorbyn

type: fluff
warnings: male pregnancy
requested by: @finnik_odair
wc: 1283

🧸✨ words from other people don't define you

Third person

Daniel looked down at the pregnancy test with wide eyes. He'd been having suspicions about being pregnant for about two weeks, so he decided to finally take a test, except he didn't expect for the result to be positive. He broke down crying in the bathroom. He didn't know what to do. He knew exactly who the father was, as he'd only slept with one person before. It was Corbyn Besson, the most popular kid in school. Corbyn was a year older than Daniel, so he was a senior.

"Oh god, this will ruin his life," Daniel mumbled. Daniel put the pregnancy test into his hoodie pocket and wiped his tears. He had to talk to his mom, she'll know what to do.

He walked downstairs and into the kitchen where his mom was making cookies.

"Hi darling," Keri welcomed her son.

"Hi mom, can I talk to you for a second, please?" Daniel asked.

"Of course, do you want to talk here or upstairs?"

"Um, upstairs please," Daniel answered.

"Okay, you head up to your room, I just need to wash my hands then I'll be right up."

"Okay."

Daniel walked back upstairs and into his bedroom. He sat on the bed and sat on his hands to stop them from shaking. After only a few minutes, Keri entered the room with a soft smile on her face. She closed the door behind her then sat next to her son.

"Okay, what do you want to talk about?" Keri asked softly. Daniel looked up at her with a nervous expression, but Keri gave him a soft smile in reassurance.

"Um, you know how I went to that party a few weeks ago?" Daniel asked slowly.

"Yeah, it was at Zach's place, right?" Keri questioned. Daniel nodded and gulped.

"Um, well, I uh, I hooked up with a guy there," Daniel said softly.

"That's fine honey, is that all you had to tell me?" Keri asked her son.

"N-no, I uh. I'm pregnant," Daniel said, looking down at his lap. He broke down into tears. "We used protection and I thought it would be fine but I guess the condom broke o-or something."

Keri pulled her son into a tight hug and rubbed his back.

"It'll be okay honey, I know you'll figure it out," Keri said softly.

"He's gonna hate me momma," Daniel sobbed.

"Who's the other father hun?"

"Corbyn," Daniel sighed.

"Oh, the Corbyn?" Keri asked teasingly. "As in the one you've had a crush on since forever?"

"Yes mom, that one," Daniel said, laughing softly at his mother.

"Well, I think he deserves to know. What do you think?"