All this time - Dorbyn

Type: fluff
Warnings: none
Wc: 1,305

🧸✨ tell that person what you've always wanted to tell them, you don't know how much time you have left to say it

Third person

Daniel looked in the mirror as he fixed his bow tie, he was getting ready for his best friend's wedding, who he was in love with. His eyes sparkled with tears as one ran down his cheek.

Keri walked over to Daniel and hugged him tightly. She had stayed over at his house to help him get ready, knowing that without her there he wouldn't even get out of bed.

"Everything will be okay Daniel," Keri said softly. Daniel broke down into his mom's shoulder.

"He's getting married mom, he's never going to be mine," Daniel cried. Keri frowned, she hated seeing her son so heartbroken.

"I know honey, I'm so sorry."

They stayed in the hug until Daniel was calmed down, then they pulled away and he wiped his tears. "Do you think you'll be able to be there?"

"I'm his best man, I need to be there. I still need to support him," Daniel explained. Keri nodded sadly.

•at the wedding•

Daniel stood just behind Corbyn, waiting for Christina to come down the isle. He had to pinch himself a few times to stop tears from forming in his eyes.

He watched as Christina walked down the isle, she looked absolutely stunning. She was wearing a beautiful a-line dress that perfectly complimented her figure, her hair was in a beautiful high bun and she had a veil that went to the ground to add to her dress train.

She handed her bouquet of flowers to Tate, her maid of honour, before facing Corbyn and holding his hands. The couple smiled at each other as everyone sat down and the music stopped playing.

Daniel zoned out for most of the talking, except for the vows.

"Christina Harris, I promise to hold and to love you forever. No matter what obstacles come at us, I promise to always support you, cherish you, and to love you. We've already been through so much together, and I can't wait to see our future," Corbyn said with a wide smile.

"Corbyn Besson, I promise to always have your back through every thing, the good and the bad. I promise to be supportive of your decisions, to help you through rough spots and to cherish you and celebrate you through good spots. I promise I will always be yours, no matter what," Christina said, her smile being small due to the happy tears in her eyes.

The officiator smiled at both of them, before continuing his speech.

"Now is the time to ask for any objections from anybody here. Speak now or forever hold your peace," he said softly. Daniel had a quick debate in his head before speaking up.

"I have an objection," Daniel spoke quietly. Everyone gasped and turned towards him, even Corbyn. The pair of best friends looked into each other's eyes, Corbyn's filled with confusion, while Daniel's were filled with sadness.

"Dani?" Corbyn asked, his voice confused yet calm.

"I'm so sorry to ruin your day like this Corbs, but I have been in love with you since seventh grade. Ever since you took me skateboarding and you helped me fix my knee when I fell. I am so sorry, I know you've never felt and never will feel the same way about me and that's okay. I just couldn't live on without telling you. So I guess this is my goodbye," Daniel said, his voice shaky and breaking. Corbyn looked at his best friend with pain striking his whole body. How could he be so oblivious? The person he loves most loves him back and he didn't even notice.