Chapter 18

I woke up on the floor next to the couch but Danny was still in it. I couldn't help giggling to myself like a little girl as I recalled the events of last night.

I had to confirm it wasn't a dream, because it felt like one. It was too good to be true, and I'd be lying if I hadn't had familiar dreams before.

My first instinct was to text Franny right away, but I didn't even tell her I was staying with Danny. For some reason I didn't wanna say anything unless our relationship carried on to the school year.

I was worried that it'd be some silly summer romance, especially sense Danny was a year older than me. I hoped we had at least lunch together next the year.

I also hoped it wasn't one of those situations where two people kiss and nothing happens afterwards. I've heard of that happening before and really didn't want it to happen to us.

About 20 minutes later Danny woke up with a big grin on his face as well.

"Good morning." I said cheerfully.

"Hey Sandy beach." he said greeting me and sitting up slowly stretching out his arms.

I turned around so I was facing him.

"Ok. Tell me everything." I insisted.

Danny laughed to himself never taking his eyes off me.

"What's everything?" Danny asked.

"The kiss that I can't remember. That was my first kiss and I'd like to know exactly what happened that night." I explained.

"Wait what?" Danny asked sounding shocked.

"Huh?" I asked. Was last night a dream or something?

"That was your first kiss?"

I felt my cheeks heat up with embarrassment.

"Yeah...I know it's really pathetic but you know I'm really weird.."

"No." Danny insisted. "It's pathetic that was your first kiss but not on your part. Everyone who never realized how amazing and beautiful you are is pathetic. I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to kiss you."

Danny honestly says the sweetest things to me. I smiled and looked at the ground unsure if what to say in reply.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"Ok so details...." Danny began. I nodded and gestured for him to continue anxious about what happened. "So after you said to Franny you liked me-I think you remember that-we were flirty the whole night. They played a Beatles song you said you liked and I took that as a chance to lean in and kiss you. I realize now that it wasn't the best move since you wee drunk, but I didn't think you were so drunk that you wouldn't remember anything."

"Anyway, um I guess you could say it was a short and gentle kiss but it was still good. We were lovely dovey a lot after that until you passed out. I realized when you woke up in the tent that you hadn't remembered much and honestly it killed me."

"I would've made another move sooner but I wasn't sure if you actually had feelings for me. I was worried that the alcohol made you act like that." Danny confessed.

"That sounds wonderful. I love the Beatles." I commented. "I just wish I could remember it for myself..."

"Yeah I know. I just hope the kiss last night made up for it. I was considering not even telling you about the kiss at Rely For Life." Danny apologized.

I paused. I was desperate to feel his lips on mine again.

"So was the kiss like this?" I asked and suddenly my hands were cupping his cheeks and I gave him a light kiss on the lips.

He seemed a little shocked by my sudden courage, but he smiled. I made him smile.

He shook his head. "It was more like this." He then acted it out and it was just like he described it, short but sweet.

We made eye contact for awhile, and for once my eyes didn't drop to the floor the second we did. Before I knew it we were practically on top of each other making out again.

I couldn't help but wonder if we were moving too fast, but I had to consider that this could end up as just a "summer love". Even if we did continue dating when school started it would never be the same as it is now. Especially sense Danny and I are in two different grades.

But if this summer love was going to he short, I wanted to make it short but sweet, like that kiss. I was gonna get my money's worth.

The only problem was, what condition was I going to put my heart in once the summer ended? It was a little to soon to tell for sure, and I'm sure every teenager says this at least once, but this felt like love.

A/N: ok ok. Ik this chapter is short, but it's sweet. Get it? Anyway it was kind if a filler but I feel it was cute and necessary. Prepare for Drama from now on.
- Sarah