Chapter 8

"Come on Sandy! I already know you have the bruises, can't you just tell me who they're from?" Danny pleaded. seriously why did he care so much about me?

"Why do you care?" I asked.

Danny sighed. "I have a reason, if you tell me who hurt you I'll tell you why I care so much tomorrow ...deal?" I weighed the possibilities. I was curious about why Danny cared so much.

"Why can't you just tell me now." I insisted stubbornly.

"There's not enough time."

I sighed.

"Fine," I agreed. "Just don't get mad."

"Why would I get mad at you?"

"Because the person who has been giving me bruises is...." I paused to take a deep breath. "Reese." I looked up at Danny nervously. He seemed really shocked.

"Oh." he said, then he completely freaked out. "Sandy I had no idea that Reese was doing that to you, I'm really sorry."

"Your not mad?"

"I'm mad." Danny agreed. "But not at you." we approached my classroom.

"This is my class." I mumbled. Danny stopped and looked right at me.

"Why?" he said pissed off. "Why would anyone do that to you?"

I shrugged. "I'm a nerd."

"What?! You didn't do anything to her!" Danny said clenching his fists. "I think I'm gonna have a little talk with Reese."

"No!" I pleaded. "It'll only make it worse if she knew I told you."

Danny sighed. "I'll just hint to her that you're my friend and hopefully she'll leave alone." It might work. "but until then..." Danny gave me a gentle hug and whispered "Stay Strong Sandy." in my ear. Then he ran really fast down the hall to try and not be too late.

I walked into the classroom just as the bell rang. Even with everything that happened I smiled, Danny hugged me. Ackvbono.

a/n: she told him! plus Danny has a secret too! you'll find out what it is next update!!!! Can you say back story?!

~Sarah
(I'm editing this right now and what even are these author's notes and these are the ones I didn't delete.)