Chapter 10

I took a deep breath and left the bathroom. Danny was waiting right outside. I had a fresh paper towel on my face.

"Sandy! I'm so sorry!" Danny said hugging me. I pushed him away with my free hand.

"Get off me." I spat with disgust.

"Sandy, Reese set me up." Danny said panicking.

"No. I think you set me up." I said angrily. I had never talked like that to someone before.

"Sandy. Please let me explain." Danny begged.

"Fine." I sighed, rolling my eyes.

We walked outside and he explained everything. He said that he mentioned me and him being friends and then she started talking bad about me and he cracked.

"I'm so sorry Sandy." It seemed like Danny was telling the truth. It would be a shame if he was and I didn't believe him.

"It's okay." I said.

"Really?"

"Really." I said. Danny hugged me. My Reese bruises had started to fade so it didn't hurt that much.

"Let me see your cheek." Danny insisted. I sighed and lowered the paper towel. Danny grimaced.

"That bad huh?" I said. Danny nodded and I laughed. "Well at least you're honest."

Danny dug through his messy black book bag and pulled out a bag of different sized band aids. "Here." he said holding up a band aid to my cheek. "I think this ones big enough." And I giggled.

"Can you tell me why you have a bag of band aids in your book bag?" Danny shrugged as he took the paper off the band aid. He started to put it up to face. "I can put it on myself." I insisted.

Danny didn't seem to hear me and put it on for me. "I'm so sorry I let Reese hurt you." Danny whispered.

"It's not your fault."

"It feels like is, though."

"Is it too late into the period for you to tell me your secret?" I asked. that came out a little selfish, didn't it?

Danny sighed and handed me a slip of paper. "I wanted to tell you in person but I don't think I have the  guts to." I placed the paper in my pocket. "Can you text me next period?"

I had Ms.Haven next period. it was easy to text in her class. "Yeah." I said.

"Good." We waited awkwardly for awhile and then the bell rang.

"Bye Sandy." Danny said hugging me. he was a good hugger.