Chapter 2

I thought no one was following me, until Reese tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around thinking it was my friend Franny, but when I discovered it was Reese I froze up. Reese was bad news, really bad news.

She had boys length hair that was black and curly and was rumored to be on about five different drugs. Her bloodshot blue eyes seemed to dance with delight.

"Hey Sandy." She said with fake concern, "What happened in class? Are you okay?" She smiled an evil smile revealing her rotten yellow teeth.

"Nothing," I said weakly. I tried to walk away into the huge crowd but she cornered me into the bathroom.

"No, I think it was definitely something." she said as she slammed my body against the wall of the bathroom. My instincts were to fight back but I was too cowardly to listen to them.

"Just leave me alone." I said quietly.

"No, I'm concerned about you. Are you okay?" She said with sarcasm. She pinned my shoulders even harder against the wall and I felt like they might snap. "What?" Snapped Reese. "Aren't you gonna cry again?"

"Reese please." I said with a hoarse voice. I was mostly concerned about being late to class at the moment; Well that, and the fact that the walls of the bathroom are disgusting.

"Reese please!" She mocked. You won't cry. You won't cry. I told myself. You won't cry.

Suddenly Reese grabbed my  book bag from my shoulder and let go of me, causing me to fall to the ground. She dug through my stuff and completely invaded my privacy. I wondered what the hell she was looking for until she pulled out my copy of The Outsiders.

I tried to stand up but Reese kicked me on my knee cap, causing me to clasp back onto the floor. She kicked the door to nearest stall open and snickered with sick amusement.

"Reese no!" I pleaded " that's a library book!" she mocked me once again and dangled it over the toilet. I would of commented on how immature mocking is and how it's a very lazy comeback but I was to shy to say anything.

Suddenly Reese gave me the book and my book bag back. She knocked me onto my stomach and lifted up my shirt so she could bruise me where no one would see instead. "Nerd!" she scoffed.

After she had left a few nasty bruises on my back she left the room and left me there on the floor. The tardy bell had rung a long time ago. A few minutes later, a girl with a hall pass strolled into the bathroom. She freaked out when she saw me lying there.

"Oh my god!" She gasped as she helped me up. "What happened to you?"

"I don't know," I lied. "I must of passed out or something, I can't remember." she helped me pick up my things that I supposedly dropped and offered to take me to the nurse but I declined because I didn't want to explain what happened. My back still ached but I pretended to ignore it.

The teacher didn't seem to care that I was chronically late and Franny greeted me as soon as I walked into the door. She had short ginger hair and blue eyes. She was really nice. We had a lot in common too. She was one of my only friends.

"Hey." I said, forcing a smile. She didn't need to know what happened.

"You're limping." she said concerned. My leg was bothering me since the incident in the bathroom with Reese.

"Oh. I didn't even notice." I said nonchalantly.

Franny shrugged. "Ms.D's giving us a free period." Franny said. "Are you staying for Relay For Life still?"

"Yep." I said.

Me and Franny were gonna spend the night at school to raise money for cancer along with a lot of other kids. We were a part of the Deca booth. It was going to be really fun. Plus no one ever bullied me when Franny was around, she was tough.

I excepted to have a blast that night but I never thought it would change the rest of my high school life.