Chapter 5

I woke up in the tent with a wet paper towel on my head. Then I noticed Danny in the corner on his phone. My head hurt.

I took the paper towel off my face and began to sit up, I grabbed my head. ow.

Danny crawled over to me. "You're up." he said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You passed out last night." I started to remember a little bit, I was at relay for life last night. I took out my phone which was still in my pocket. it was 2:00 am?!

"Why?" I asked still really confused.

"I started talking to you and you just blushed and passed out." I freaked. I completely humiliated myself. Danny must of saw the panic in my eyes.

"I'm kidding." he assured me. "We're not sure, but me and Franny think that punch you had was spiked...you were wasted."

Crap. I remembered almost everything. Danny knew that I liked him. Not that I had a chance with him, but now I can't pretend that I do. Besides I'll never hear the end of it.

I imagined kids gossiping about it at their lockers, being beat up because of it. I got bullied and picked on when I was quiet and dull, but imagine how much I'd get picked on if I wasn't.

I tried my best to stay calm. "Where is everyone?" I inquired. Besides me and Danny, the tent was empty.

"Relaying." Danny responded. This late??

"Oh god, now I have to be social! Can't I just pretend to be passed out still?" Danny laughed. Someone actually thought I was funny?

"Did I just say that out loud?" Danny smiled and nodded. It felt good to have someone laugh with me and not at me; no one ever did that.

I smiled and let out an over dramatic sigh.

"Do you need help getting up?" Danny asked. I didn't remember the last time someone besides Franny was this nice to me. Danny was cute, laughed at my jokes and he was a gentleman. That seemed impossible.

He would probably end up with Matty or some other cheerleader and it was a shame because Matty is too dumb and ignorant to ever fully appreciate Danny.

I opened my mouth to tell Danny I was fine when he grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "There you go." he said. my head throbbed but I resisted the urge to grab it.

"Thanks." I said. Praying that I wasn't blushing. I looked into Danny's blue eyes then remembered last night instantly and looked away.

Did I see disappointment on Danny's face? No, I told myself. It was just my naïve hopefulness getting the best of me.

I couldn't stand being in the gent anymore. Danny probably thought I was an idiot. Without making eye contact with Danny again, I rushed out of the tent, and Danny didn't follow me.