Chapter 9

The next day at lunch I didn't even wait in line for food. I was so anxious to find out what Danny's secret was. What if he likes me?

He doesn't like you Sandy I told myself. I heard someone come up to me and turned around excitingly.

It was Danny, but he wasn't alone. I felt my heart stop, Reese was there too. "Hey Sandra." Reese snickered. I said nothing. Danny sat next to me but Reese squeezed inbetween us.

"So I heard you and Zuko over here were dating." Reese said.

"What?!" I blurted giving Danny a look.

"No Sandy I.."

"Come on Sandra, I want you to tell me ALL about it." Reese said. She didn't even have lunch this period, I would've known if she did. She grabbed me by my shirt collar and dragged me to the bathroom.

"So you telled your little boyfriend that I gave you a boo boo?" She said. It's told. I thought, but I didn't dare to say it. "Answer me!" Reese demanded as she punched me right in the cheek.

I grabbed my face as blood trickled down my chin. She had a ring on and it was definitely going to leave a mark. I nodded without saying anything else.

"That was a mistake."

I cowered away but Reese walked out of the bathroom. I got a wet paper towel and held it up to my face as I locked myself in a stall.

I tear trickled down my cheek. How could Danny set me up like this? I thought he actually cared about me.

A few minutes later a heard a knock on the stall and ignored it. "Sandy it's Franny, I know you're in there." I opened the stall and she hugged me.

"I just got a text from Danny and asked for a bathroom pass. he told me everything." she looked at the bloody paper towel in my hand and then at my puffy face.

"Is it that time of the month?" I forced a laugh and shook my head.

"Sorry I just had to say that. I have to go, but Danny wants you to talk to him. He said it isn't what it looks like." I nodded and Franny left.

I didn't want to talk to Danny. But I just had to hear him out. I cleaned up and the curiosity got the best off me. I was going to talk to him.