Chapter 23

Go to the pep rally they said, it'll be fun they said.

"Pep rallies don't seem like your kinda thing..." Danny said scratching the back of his head. This was pretty awkward for both us.

"Pep rallies don't seem like your kinda thing." I said matter of factly.

"Fair enough." Danny replied chuckling, revealing his dimple.

I grinned.

I missed his stupid laugh.

Maybe we could just have a normal conversation for awhile.

Of course not.

Something sifted and Danny's facial expression and the entire mood changed.

"Why are you talking to me?" Danny said loudly with disgust.

Automatically I wondered what I did wrong.

"What?" I spoke out in a quiet squeak.

"You heard me." Danny said a little more forcefully. "Go and study for final exams or something."

I was confused and hurt especially when I noticed all his friends behind him watching and remembered all my friends watching from behind me.

"What's wrong with you? You were so nice this summer." I said with evident hurt in my voice.

For a second I thought maybe I saw a remnant of regret on Danny's face, but if I really did see it, it didn't last long.

"Maybe I have a twin." Danny snickered. A couple of his friends chuckled from behind him and suddenly I was just

"You're a two-faced fuckboy and I wish I never met you!" I shouted loudly in his face. My fist were clenched and my eyes were watering in anger.

I opened my mouth to say more, but I decided that he wasn't even worth it. My heart was beating hard in my chest, but not in fear.

I was just absolutely furious. I thought that someone actually cared about me, but Danny turned out to be just like everyone else and mocked me.

I knew I had attracted a lot of attention, but at that point I didn't even care. I was too frustrated to even think straight.

I spun around on my heals and wanted to run away as quick as I could, but I didn't want to give Danny that satisfaction.

Instead I stomped away at a steady pace completely blocking out everyone else. Why was a such a joke to everyone?

I marched off the field into the parking lot. I was gonna walk all the way home if I had to. I just didn't wanna be there.

I heard footsteps from behind me on the pavement right as I was leaving the parking lot. I turned my head around cautiously to see who or what it was.

"Sandy!" It was Franny jogging towards me, Franny barely ever walks.

I turned around to face her, I hadn't realized I had started crying until then.

She gave me a sympathetic smile and a comforting hug. Franny was always a good hugger.

"Don't cry over that douchebag." She said still hugging me.

"I just don't get it." I said softly as I tried not to cry anymore. "He was so sweet and now all of the sudden he's rude to me."

"I should've warned you." Franny said pulling out of the hug so she could make eye contact with me. "Danny's a Gemini, you know."

That made me laugh and I attempted to wipe my tears away with the back of my hand.

"Martha's having a sleepover tonight with the girls. Why don't you join us?" Franny offered.

"I don't know Franny.." I started, but she cut me off.

"It'll make you feel better." She insisted. "It'll take your mind off things."

"Oh, alright." I gave in. "I'm in."

"Ok." Franny smiled at me, "This pep rallies dumb. I'm gonna get everyone else."

I waited by Martha's car while Franny got everyone. I couldn't help but think everyone was leaving the pep rally because of me.

I texted my mom to let her know I was staying at a friend's house and she was a little upset at the last minute plans, but she agreed to it. She insisted that I come by the house and get a bag of stuff for over night, though.

When Martha, Reese and Franny came back to the car, none of them looked annoyed that they were leaving(Well except maybe Reese but she always looks annoyed). No one even mentioned what happened with me and Danny.

I joined the light conversation as they drove me to my house (my mom wanted to say hi to everyone, but I told her not too because I'm a teenager and I'm too cool for that) but Danny was still my main focus the whole. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened as much as I wanted to stop thinking about it.

The saddest part is I was ready to forgive Danny even after everything he just did.

Leave it to me to get overly attached to someone who doesn't even care about me.

A/N:
Is anyone still here? It's been forever since I updated. I haven't even touched this since September. I just kind of forgot it existed? Don't hate me, I'm sorry.