🌩Chapter XI: The Underground

Side Note: This takes place the same time around Hamon's Storm, just Jesse's POV.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rain outside hit Jesse's bedroom windows hard, like they were trying to break the glass. The thunder roared but it didn't seem to bother him.

In the Obelisk Dorm, Jesse laid in his bed, his hands behind his head thinking about what happened in Domino City a few days ago...

"Monster!" The guy shouted. The croud gasped hearing this & the guy was singled out. He pointed directly at Scarlett, "How dare you come back to Domino City knowing the pain you've caused!?"

"No." Scarlett answered but...to the wrong question, "I'm not happy I came back to Domino City."

Scarlett also mentioned he didn't know his parents either...

"I've never had a picnic before." Scarlett remarked.

Jesse scoffed in disbelief, "What? No way. I'm sure your parents took you on at least one."

Scarlett's head tilted & his eyes sad. He hugged the textbooks in his arms tighter, "I never remembered my parents."

"What are you hidin from me Scarlett?" He whispered to himself.

An idea came to him. There is a computer lab downstairs for all the Obelisk students. Maybe there's an article about Scarlett. Someone recognized him in Domino City, so there was a chance.

Jesse got out of bed & proceeded out the door in his pyjamas.

The halls were silent. Walls covered in blue while the rugged floor in white.

He passed by many rooms until he went down the staircase. Now he was on the fourth floor, the computer lab was on the third floor.

Jesse was about to walk down the hallway again nonchalantly until he heared two people talking. He hid behind a wall & peeked. It was Professor Viper & Axel.

"With the students dueling, everything is proceeding as planned. The duel between Jaden Yuki & Scarlett Uria was a better outcome than expected." Viper announced.

"You still haven't told me what we are planning." Axel commented.

"In due time. Right now I need you to go to the computer lab. Find out information about Scarlett Uria. It could come useful for future plans." Viper commanded.

Axel saluted & went down to the third floor. Viper came towards the fourth floor staircase & Jesse hid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Axel was typing & scrolling away with any information he could find on Scarlett. Nothing.

The door quietly swung open. Axel immediately grabbed his gun duel disk & aimed to fire. Jesse's hands were up in the air. Axel sighed & lowered his duel disk.

"Oh. It's just you." Axel sat down & began to search again. "I'm assuming you heared my conversation with Viper."

"Yeah." Jesse lowered his hands. "I did. Why is Viper interested in Scarlett?"