🌆Chapter XX: The Spirit World

During the helicopter ride towards Duel Academy, Scarlett was answering all of Pegasus's questions about Scarlett's history, the Sacred Beasts, etc.

"I am quite curious how you've never aged all that millennia ago." Pegasus pondered to Scarlett. "What's your secret?"

"The Sacred Beasts have the power to restore youth in the old. Many of the elderly came to shines for longer lives. I'm guessing when I was Uria's sacrifice, my age was preserved." Scarlett felt a sudden warmth on his hand, he looked to see it was Jesse's hand.

Little pink pluses could be seen all over Jesse's cheeks. Wonder filled Scarlett's gaze as to why. Jesse put on a kind smile towards Pegasus, "Could you give us a minute, Pegasus?"

Pegasus could now see Jesse blushing, plus his hand touching Scarlett's. He put two & two together. "Oh! Of course. Where are my manners? I will go ask Ryou how close we are to Duel Academy." Pegasus got up & headed to the front.

The smile on Jesse faded & more nervousness came.

"Everything ok?" Scarlett sat closer to Jesse.

"While you were talking about your past life with Pegasus, it got me thinkin..." Jesse tightened his grip on Scarlett's hand, holding onto him. "Have you been with someone before?"

That question came to a shock to Scarlett, "Why do you ask?"

Jesse looked at him, "You were royalty, rich, powerful. You're very sweet & kind, not to mention you're hot, figuratively & literally."

That made Scarlett want to melt right then & there. His hand was getting warmer but it just made Jesse's grip grow tighter.

Scarlett reached with his free hand & placed it on Jesse's cheek, making the pink blushing turn a softer red. "I was looked up upon at many people in the kingdom, which I turned down all of their heartfelt requests. My parents tried to arrange dates for me, just so I wasn't lonesome." Jesse stomach sank. "But, I fell in love with none of them. Because none of them were you." Scarlett got closer to Jesse's lips, "I love you, Jesse Anderson. You ignite this feeling of euphoria inside me no one else can."

"Awww." Two voices hummed. Scarlett & Jesse turned to the front to see Ryou & Pegasus looking at them.

"You heared all of that!?" Jesse exclaimed, becoming embarrassed.

"You can't really blame us." Ryou smiled. "We're all five feet apart in this helicopter."

Pegasus then joined in. "So what is the couple's name, Scarsse or Jeslett?"

"I will jump out of this helicopter!" Jesse shouted with even more embarrassment, which made Ryou & Pegasus laugh. Scarlett just smiled, happy to be involved in Jesse's life now. Correction, their life.

A slight beeping could be heared on the dashboard. It was the helicopter's scanner. Duel Academy was just up ahead.

Ryou tapped on its screen to see Duel Academy up close. What he saw ceased his laughter immediately. "W-What is...?"