𝐜𝐡.𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

Yoongi was in the kitchen, making snacks for the two in the living room. Jungkook had to go to work when Taehyung had slipped into little space. Yoongi had offered to watch him.

When he was walking back to the living room carrying the snacks, Jimin and Taehyung's hushed speaking made him stop and listen.

"But y-you're such a good Little, M-Minnie!" Taehyung whispered. "I think I-I'm too hyper. I should listen to - to Kookie Bear more."

He heard Jimin sigh. "Jungkookie loves you!"

Taehyung seemed to get exasperated. "B-But I wanna be better! Tell me h-how, Jiminie!"

Yoongi walked into the room with a fake smile, placing the snacks on the table in front of them. Jimin thanked him with a kiss and Taehyung smiled.

"Th-Thank you, Uncle Yoon."

Yoongi smiled down at him and patted his hair. "You're welcome, Tae."

Yoongi sat down on the couch behind them, worried. He watched Taehyung and wondered how the hell he was gonna tell Jungkook.

~

"Thanks for watching him, hyung. I can take him home now," Jungkook said. The two caregivers were standing in the kitchen, Jungkook getting ready to leave.

"Uh, Jungkookie... I overheard Taehyung earlier and he worried me." Yoongi sat down, gesturing for Jungkook to do the same.

"Worried you? How?" Jungkook asked, taking a seat.

"Well," Yoongi sighed. I overheard him ask Jimin for advice for being a 'better Little'," Yoongi said, air quoting 'better Little' with his fingers.

Jungkook furrowed his brow. "Better Little? What?"

The elder nodded. "He thinks you think he's too hyper or some shit."

Jungkook shook his head. "That's ridiculous. I love him."

Yoongi shrugged. "Go talk to him then."

Jungkook nodded and went to find Taehyung.

~

Jungkook placed a sippy cup of apple juice in front of Taehyung and smiled when he took it.

"Thank y-you, Kookie Bear," the elder smiled.

Jungkook placed a hand on his leg. "Hey, Taetae?"

"Yes, Kookie?" Taehyung asked, looking up at him.

Jungkook smiled. "You know I love you right?"

Taehyung beamed, taking a sip from his cup. "Of c-course! I love you too!" he giggled.

"Then why did you ask Jiminie for advice on being a better Little when you were at Yoongi hyung's earlier?" Jungkook asked.

Taehyung's smile dropped and he took another sip. He stayed quiet and looked down.

"Taetae, look at me," Jungkook said.

Taehyung snapped his head up and looked at the younger. "I-I'm sorry, Kookie Bear."

"Why would you think that you need to be anything other than yourself, little one?"

Taehyung shrugged. "I th-thought maybe Kookie Bear w-would want a better be-behaved Little. I'm always ran - running around and stuff. Jiminie always li-listens to Uncle Yoon and m-maybe you want me to be - be better."

Jungkook shook his head with a sad smile. "You don't have to be like that, Taetae. I love you anyway."

"Really?" Taehyung asked, blinking a few times.

Jungkook nodded and pulled Taehyung into a hug. "Mhm."

Taehyung squealed. "Yay!" He pushed Jungkook back on the couch, hugging him really tightly.

Jungkook coughed. "Not so tight, Taetae."

Taehyung only giggled and hugged him tighter. Jungkook laughed and coughed, hugging him back with equal strength.

© w/me ⭒ ࣪