𝐜𝐡.𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

Taehyung ate his dinner alone a little while ago. Jungkook was working later for some reason. Taehyung didn't mind much. He'd ask for extra cuddles when Jungkook got home.

Around 8pm, Jungkook still wasn't home. Taehyung sighed and decided to go for a walk. He texted Jungkook to let him know. He didn't get a response.

Taehyung grabbed a jacket and left the apartment. It was only a bit chilly that night, which was nice. He decided to take a longer walk than he usually would, taking different side streets. Taehyung smiled to himself as he hummed. He bundled himself up in his jacket and kept walking.

It took him about twenty minutes to realize he was lost. He whipped his head around, trying to find anything that would mark where he was. Everything looked different in the dark.

Taehyung tried his phone. Of course, he had no service. He couldn't even find any street signs nearby. He was totally, utterly lost.

He wandered for a while, coming upon a busy street. Stores lined the area, most of which were dimly lit and closed. Cars sped by him at random intervals. How long had he been out here?

Taehyung looked down at his phone again. 10pm. Damn, Jungkook would probably be home and worried about him. He should try calling him from a store phone. Except, all the stores were closed. Taehyung groaned and shoved his hands in his pockets, deciding to walk around until he could find a store that was open.

He ducked into alleyways as it started to rain. He cursed as he brought out his phone to search for service. Taehyung was soaked and shaking, his hair matted on his head and obscuring his vision every once in awhile.

As Taehyung ducked into a certain alleyway, his phone was slapped out of his hands. He looked up quickly, a punch landed on his jaw and knocked him to the ground. He hissed, holding his jaw in his palm.

"What the fu-" He was cut off as he was smacked and the front of his shirt was grabbed. The stranger threw him down to the ground, pushing him by the chest. White exploded into his vision and he gasped.

Taehyung blinked and looked at the stranger. They - he? - were standing over him with a foot on his stomach and a gun pointed at his chest.

"Money. Wallet. I don't care. Give me everything," his deep, scary voice said.

Taehyung whimpered and searched through his pockets, coming up with nothing. He left everything but his phone at home.

"I-I don't h-" he tried.

"Don't fucking lie to me!" the guy yelled. Taehyung winced.

"I-I'm n-not-!"

The stranger shot the ground next to him. Taehyung screamed, covering his ears. He trembled terribly, on the verge of tears. Taehyung felt himself slowly slipping into his headspace out of fear and he tried to stop himself. The man started screaming at him, making him fully envelop himself in the relief of his little space.

Taehyung's voice changed in pitch and he started blabbering, crying on himself. He screamed for his Kookie Bear. The man retreated, obviously confused by the situation.

"Man, just - just give me your phone!"

Taehyung kept screaming and crying. The man searched the ground and found the phone, breaking it as he threw it against the wall. The stranger ran away, gun in his pants, and didn't look back.

~

Jungkook was bouncing his foot quickly. Taehyung hadn't come home, didn't answer his calls or texts, nothing. Something was wrong. Something felt very wrong. Jungkook bit on his nails and stared into space.

"Jungkook-ah?" Seokjin's voice said as he pushed into the small apartment. "I came as soon as I could."

Jungkook looked over to him and sniffled. Seokjin walked to him and wrapped his arms around the youngest, patting his head comfortingly.

"I'm sure everything's okay, Jungkookie," Namjoon said, walking through the door. "Maybe his phone died. He texted you saying he went on a walk, right?"

Jungkook nodded. "But he's been gone for... for too long."

The two eldest nodded as well and patted Jungkook's back.

"Can we drive around and look for him?" Jungkook asked, looking expectantly at the two. They exchanged a look before smiling and nodding to him.

~

Taehyung was cold and scared. He was still calling for his Kookie Bear, but in hushed whispers. He was curled up into a ball, a nasty cut on his face. He let himself fall asleep like that, shaking in the cold.

He barely registered it when someone screamed his name and picked him up. He knew he was put into a car, but didn't react. Someone was brushing the hair from his face. Warm lips were pressed to his forehead.

~

Jungkook carried Taehyung all the way to the apartment and set him down on the couch. Seokjin and Namjoon followed and stayed quiet as Jungkook sat on the floor by Taehyung's head and pet his face softly.

Seokjin came over and bent down, rubbing Jungkook's back. "Will you be okay if we leave?" he asked quietly.

Jungkook smiled and nodded. "Yes. Thank you so much, Jinnie hyung."

Seokjin smiled and tousled Jungkook's hair before walking out of the apartment with Namjoon.

Jungkook continued to pet Taehyung's face until the elder stirred. Jungkook sat up and looked at him expectantly.

"Taetae?" Jungkook whispered.

Taehyung looked up at him with hazy eyes. "I-I'm sc-scared."

"You don't have to be scared, little one. You don't have to be. It's okay. You're home now. You're safe. It's okay. I love you," Jungkook smiled.

Taehyung shook his head and covered his face, crying a bit. "S-so scared..."

"Taetae... It's okay... You're home. Daddy loves you. You're with Daddy. You don't have to be scared when Daddy's here."

Taehyung looked at him through his fingers. "D-Daddy?"

Jungkook smiled and nodded. "Don't be scared, Tae. Daddy loves his little Taetae."

Taehyung pouted and opened his arms. Jungkook leaned in and hugged the elder tightly. Taehyung sniffled into his shirt and Jungkook just rubbed his back.

"It's okay, little one. Tell Daddy everything." Jungkook leaned back and kissed Taehyung sweetly.

Taehyung nodded with a small smile and tucked his hands under his head, closing his eyes. "Yes, Daddy."

© w/me ⭒ ࣪