Chapter 1

Chapter 1 | Innocent Traveler?
_______________

Y/n's POV

"Please Lady L/n, your mother is suspecting you and me as the days pass by." My right hand maiden says with worry laced in her voice, practically begging me to not do what I was about to do.

"Oh don't be silly Miya, mother wouldn't suspect a thing if you act like I'm just taking a warm bath."  I tell her one more time, I was hoping that she would just give in to me because I was really hoping to visit the shrine today since fresh fruits from the country side came in early this morning.

Miya hesitates but nodded her head knowing that refusing against me won't get this topic no where.

"But please hurry and be careful Lady L/n, I heard that there is a dangerous Curse wondering around our lands, I heard from the stories that it had; Four arms, four red eyes, and fangs sharp as a kunai." Miya says with a frown before preparing myself to go out of my chamber.

"Stories like that are half true and you know that, Miya-san." I replied to her little story, grabbing Miya's hand in mine I smiled at her, "I promise I will be careful."

"Please do, I don't know what will I and Akira would do if something was to happen to you, My Lady." She says with another frown written on her face, I smiled at her to assure her one more time that I was going to be okay.

I finally got out of my chamber through the secret small door that was placed on my chamber that mother nor everyone in castle knows about except for Miya, Akira and me of course.

I was beyond excited to visit the shrine today since I had new foods to offer them, I visit the shrine almost everyday when I have the chance in secret of course, mother never let's me go out because the only reason I needed to go outside was because of 'business' which made me very mad, but I could not do anything about it.

Grabbing the large basket filled with fresh and ripe fruits and also some bread inside I now began my journey up to the hill where the shrine was located.

Why do I visit this certain shrine? It was because I wanted the spirits to always protect my family from any harm, I knew that it would be tough to fulfill my wishes since we are a small clan, anyone or anything can wipe us out anytime they want but it's not as if my family will allow them to do that.

I was the oldest of us four which were my sisters and lastly the youngest who was my brother, mother told me so many times that I needed to marry the man who runs the largest clan in these lands, I just let her say that to me knowing that I didn't have such choice to decline in any way.

I consider my visit to the shrine as a way to have a little freedom moment for myself.

Finally seeing the end of the small path that I was following, the shrine was sitting on top of the hill surrounded by large beautiful yellow trees, I liked this scenery.

Kneeling down in front of the shrine I placed the basket in front of it too. Unnoticed to me was the pair of red eyes watching me from a far.

Closing my hands in a prayer pose I started to do my daily prayers to the shrine in silence, the sound of the wind brushing the leaves was heard.

After I was done praying I bowed my head to the shrine before standing up, I admired the scenery before turning around. My hair was in a tight bun so it wasn't a problem for my hair to move around my face.

After being a feet away from the shrine, I was stopped.

"Fresh and ripe fruits huh." I hear a dark, deep voice behind me.