Chapter 6

Chapter 6 | The Mysterious Disappearance
______________

Author's POV

The red haired lets out a small chuckle after noticing a hint of discomfort on the pretty lady's face, "I'm kidding, my Lady."

He says the nickname he chose to call her as more of a mocking way to make fun of her title yet this is how clueless she was.

But to Y/n she was still caught off guard at what he just said, constantly doubting if he really did mean it. The thump in her heart was almost heard, and she was really lost on why was she even reacting to what he just said, somewhere in the back of her head was saying that something was going to happen to her, yet she ignored all of this and let out a nervous laugh.

"That's funny, anyway I have a lot to tell you about so just let me finish my prayers." Y/n says with a small smile before handing the basket filled with homemade foods to Sukuna who was still surprised on her reacting calmly at what he just said.

The girl in the red yakuta walks up in front to the shrine and she kneels down, intertwining both of her hands together in a prayer pose and she starts to pray.

The curse boars his red eyes onto the back of her neck, amused about her unexpected reaction, he really thought maybe she'll react more about his words but maybe he was wrong, he was feeling interested as the second pass by, this girl was sure the only source of entertainment he could find at the moment.

The man then looks down at the basket he had in his hand, it has been a long time since he did eat homemade food and maybe just maybe he will appreciate the girl if the food was up to his standards.

Overall in Sukuna's book, this girl was the most clueless human being he has ever met. And that only opens more amusement to him, because seeing this girl wearing such innocent and clueless face it makes his urge to ruin it bigger than his ability to destroy a army of a hundred men.

Time Skip
Y/n's POV

With exciting hands I grabbed the nice neatly prepared onigiri inside the basket along with the tricolor dango for a sweet taste while Sukuna only watches me.

"Many things happened yesterday, Sukuna-san." I tell the man beside me, handing him the ongiri and he accepts it, instead of eating it he examines it first. I almost wanted to comment about his action but I remained silent.

"Really? Please do tell." He replies, turning to me and giving me his eyes that tells me that he was ready to listen.

"A curse appeared yesterday, and some poor innocent lives of my people were taken away unwillingly," I pause, taking a bite on my ongiri as I recall what had happened yesterday and it didn't fail to jangle the very bone of my skull, "I tried to help, and being close to a curse like that for the first time was terrifying than any thing I faced."

Relaxing my feelings by looking over to the nice and warm scenery before me, I tried to think about things that didn't involve curses.

"What a very dumb choice to make, facing a curse without any plan on how to defeat it?" Sukuna honestly says with the onigiri still in his mouth.

He was right, but I'm still alive and I think that's the most important thing right? But I sure will keep in mind not to ever face a curse unprepared.

"I know that, and yes— I did fell unconscious but when I woke up the curse mysteriously disappear except for me facing it off this is more interesting to focus on." I look over to Sukuna to see if he agreed with me but I was only met by him looking over to the scenery before us as he munches on the tricolor dango, can't figure out what his eyes were telling.

"Don't worry your pretty little head about it, my Lady," Sukuna says, now turning his head to look at me, "Curses like that don't deserve to breathe don't they?"

Biting on one of the dangos he looks away from me, I was mostly stunned on my spot, eyes widened slightly as the onigiri in my hands was almost to fall, no it can't be, was Sukuna there when the violent night broke out? Or was it just a coincidence, should I just go with the saying; great minds think alike.

Whatever I had on my mind it still didn't fail to make my heart race.

"You're right." I agree to what he just said, now looking over to the scenery in front of me trying to get all of these mixed thoughts inside my head to make room for relaxation.

At the Kisami town
Author's POV

"Welcome to our town." Lady L/n says in a rather welcoming voice to the two third class sorcerers standing in front of her who just happened to exit the carriage.

The sorcerers looks around the town, seeing burnt houses and other destroyed things surrounding the area. It's a sight they see everyday, traveling to a town that has been a victim to curses that's goal in life was to become a first class curse; and that by means was to destroy small towns like this.

This wasn't a doing of the four armed curse, one of the sorcerers thought. And he was right, both of them can tell by the messy destruction that this was in fact a doing of a ordinary curse but a terrible pain in the head to ordinary humans.

"Thank you, Lady L/n. Please show us where the curse was last seen." The other sorcerer who looked much older than the other says, Lady L/n nodded before turning around, her two lady's following her trail as usual along with a decent amount of guards by her side also.

The younger sorcerer looked at a face of a civilian who was looking at them as if he was begging to be helped while he sat on the ground with his child in his arms. Only for the younger sorcerer to look away to not let any more guilt overflow his body.

Soon after Lady L/n finally stops at a certain place, her lady, and the guards moved aside for the sorcerers to see the black spot on the ground. It was obvious that a curse had been there, but one questioned remained; where did it go?

"My daughter was found unconscious in front of this black spot." Lady L/n tells them a single information, the younger sorcerer makes his way towards the black spot on the ground. Crouching down he examines it throughly.

The older sorcerer only examined the atmosphere surrounding them trying to assume what had happened that night with his strong sorcerer instincts.

The people around them only watched in amusement as professional sorcerers performed in front of them.

"It didn't go anywhere," The younger says before finally standing up to his feet and now turned to Lady L/n who was more than interested to listen "It was killed."

A few gasps were heard around them, killed? How? Lady L/n thinks inside of her head as she looks at the dark spot as if it was a person, in disbelief a hand had made it's way to her mouth as it turned into an 'o' shape.

"My daughter can't possibly kill a curse." Lady L/n says, her tone was laced with a tone of disbelief.

The older one then walked near to the dark spot, looking around the air as his eyes finally stopped at the worried mother, "Of course not by her, Lady L/n."

"But by another curse."