Chapter 18

Chapter 18 | Questionable Thoughts
____________

Y/n's POV

After the ceremony ended I stayed by Naoya's side after, greeting the special guests on our way to the main people that we needed to greet was my father and his father.

Which we were now approaching, the fake smile on my face was starting to ache, the growing pressure on my chest area was about to explode.

My father and mother is expecting me to succeed I didn't need to mess this up for both of them, they were depending on me, all of them.

"Father, and... Lord L/n." Naoya greets first.

This was actually my first time seeing my father face to face again for a long time, since he arrived here he did nothing than to meet up with my now recent husband's father which kind of bugged me off a little but I tend not to care.

"Please call me father, son." My father corrects with a deep chuckle, bringing up a hand to place on his shoulder.

Then the attention averts to me so suddenly.

"Congrats on the wedding, Lady Zenin." Lord Zenin says with a cheers of his cup of wine on the air making me nod in appreciation along with a small bow.

"Thank you for coming, my lord." I say back and also to my father who was intensely looking at me.

"Well Naoya is the heir to my throne, I wouldn't miss the day he will find the woman he's gonna be spending his life with." He says, the hint of alcohol was coated on his voice and if I remembered this was not how people mentioned Lord Zenin acted so I blamed it on the alcohol.

"And just make sure to have an heir soon too." He adds with a small wink towards Naoya making me stiffen.

"We're planning about it, father." Naoya says making me even more surprised.

I looked over to my father as if I was seeking for mental help but he only looks away at me and started to start a conversation with Lord Zenin about some stuff I was too stubborn to even listen to about.

"Please excuse us, father. We still need to be somewhere." Naoya excuses and they both dismiss us.

Naoya then leaves following with me by his side, sticking like a must be.

"I said smile, wife." He strictly says, not giving me a glance he continued to walk towards who knows where.

"Yes husband." I can't help but just agree to what he said, I didn't want to cause a scene at all nor have people to talk about our newly announces wedding.

And then before I knew it we suddenly stopped in front of my mother, Aoi, Riki... and Sora.

I gritted my teeth hard when Sora's eyes stopped on mine with a deadly glare, "Are you enjoying the wedding, mother?"

Naoya sweetly says, Riki and Aoi sent me their sweetest smile, but Sora only sent me her deadliest stare.

"Oh why yes I am, I could not say how happy I am for the both of you." She says, I can see her doing good in her fake acting or whatever you call it.