Chapter 22

Chapter 22 | Worry
___________

A few hours ago
Naoya's POV

A curse attacking a town in broad daylight, how surprising. But I didn't have to worry about anything, this curse can't surely be stronger than me. With Samurai's by my side we all got out of the household before jogging our way into the town.

Seeing as powerless people ran away from a certain spot, screams and things being destroyed can be heard.

I clench my fist before fully running now to the spot that was oddly being avoided by people.

And then when I turned around a corner there the curse stood in all his glory, one leg, pure black eyes, and fangs as long as a fist.

I stopped my tracks, fully facing it, "I don't like surprises, ugly thing."

"A sorcerer?" The curse somehow shrieks, letting go of the poor innocent woman I didn't realize he was strangling with just by his fingers.

This one was a high class, I've expected something lower. The town should glad that I was here.

"Never faced one before?" I asked so teasingly with a sly smirk.

The curse scoffs at my remark, opening up his mouth a green and smelly smell coming out from it and also smoke signaling me that it was probably toxic.

"I did, many times. And I've killed them all." The curse replied with a grin plastered on his ugly built of a face.

Gripping my sword tightly I feel some samurai's walking on to my side before getting into a attack position, the curse furrows at the number of the samurai's with me.

Without a warning the curse had blown a fully air of toxic smoke towards us, the green smoke had gotten closer to me and one of the samurai's tried to touch it by their swords but it only melted in a second making them all back away.

The curse grins in victory once more, how useless. In a blink of an eye I had jumped up to the roof of a random house before running in full speed towards the curse who was too busy blowing the toxic smoke to notice me coming closer to him.

I took the chance to swing my sword at him when I got closer, jumping off from the roof I tried to him but he dodged and backed away from me within 6 feet, a frown replaced his grin.

Maybe just then he realized he wasn't going to win against me, he turns around and runs really fast even with one leg.

"Sukuna-sama! Sukuna-sama! Sukuna-sama." He chanted like a prayer before running towards the L/n castle.

Without thinking I had already started running too, impressed because I wasn't getting close to catching him, who was he even calling out for anyway? Sukuna? I haven't heard that name and I would be interested to know who it is.

I shake my head and turned my attention fully to the curse for a moment.

And before I knew it I was already in front of the castle, I watched as the curse jumps really high to the roof of the castle before going disappearing in my sight.

He's inside— wait... My wife! My wife is yet still inside, I frowned even harder at the wave shock of the feeling I felt when I realized my wife was still present, I hurriedly went inside the castle, my samurai's catching up right beside me with panting breaths.