Chapter 44

Chapter 44 | Truth Untold
___________

Author's POV

The gasps had spread around the room, Y/n's mother widens her eyes in shock, her father was too stunned to even let out a single word, they tried to recall what Sora just said.

Aoi and Riki in the other hand was rather surprised and was shock, but about this news, but they know they didn't have the rights to make a comment of it so they stayed silent.

Y/n felt her hand starting to sweat, the world seemed to have stopped rotating, she felt her tears building up in her eyes at the betrayal of her sister, though they both didn't make a promise about keep the secret, Y/n still expected since they were sisters in blood and in heart, she would at least think about Y/n.

But to Y/n's dismay, she thought karma had to hit her.

Her mother's piercing gaze and the imaginary smoke coming out of her ears in anger, frightened her.

"First off you can't produce an offspring, and then I later find out that you have been entertaining yourself with another man?!" My mother yelled out in anger, her veins popping on her neck, father kept silence but his faze says it all, he was disappointed, "Have you not know shame?!"

Y/n flinched at her mother's constant yelling, letting out words that pierced right through her heart, this was the thing She feared, to have her deepest secret to be revealed, and it was by her sister whom she thought cares for what she felt.

Y/n looks down in shame, maybe she does this deserve this, she had made mistakes in her path, and loving Sukuna was the biggest mistake yet she was very thankful to have.

She can bare with it, the yelling and scolding of her mother, she could handle all of this and the regret of loving Sukuna will never cross her mind.

"I have taught you how to be a good daughter! Where did I go wrong?!" Her mother yells out, the tears of frustration forming in her eyes making Y/n gulped down a saliva downs her throat as her mother approached her, "I should've know, I should've known sooner— that my daughter was a whore made for the devil."

Y/n's POV

I feel my heart shattering into pieces as she called me such title, but wasn't she right? I was loving another man that wasn't my husband, I broke the vow in our wedding day, I disappointed my parents and everybody in this household, whats and ahead of me now? Or what's left for me now?

I see my mother raising up her hand to slap me, so I ready myself at the impact, I deserved it, I deserved every pain they give me, I was now a disappointment.

I softly closed my eyes while waiting for the impact, but it never came, then there was silence, I opened my eyes in surprise of how the slap was taking so long.

But I was only to be met by Naoya, standing right in front of me, my mother's wrist in his hands as if he wad trying to protect me, I got nervous even more.

"Don't you think you're crossing a line here, mother?" Naoya asks in a very serious tone, my heart melted knowing he was trying to stand up for me.

"I am not, this is my daughter's dignity we are talking about here—and why are you unbothered?" My mother asks in a venomous tone, but it didn't effect Naoya at all.

"It's simply so easy mother, I care about your daughter more than you do, I care about her feelings, her health, everything about her I care, now what do you care about your daughter?— her marriage with me? Am I right?" Naoya says, his tone was filled with power and authority.

I was simply just behind him, too hurt to even let out a single word knowing I was just going to burst into tears.

"How dare you say that to me?! It is normal to have a mother get angry at the sinful things her daughter did." Mother fires back, a vein popped up on her forehead, but Naoya was unfazed.

Naoya harshly let's go of my mother's wrist, making her slightly stumble backwards with a scowl on her face at the amount of disrespect she was receiving. My father instantly goes in front of my mother, not taking in the fact that Naoya had touched her so disrespectfully, "Do not touch my wife, enough is enough with this disrespect coming from you Naoy—

—What did you expect, really, you forced her to marry me, and you expect for her to not love someone that is not me?" Naoya says in a calm yet serious tone.

"Who cares? Even if she truly loves this man then what is he then?! Without power or money you are going to die in this world!" My mother yells out, my father taking out his katana, surprising me and all the other people inside the room.

The samurai or guards in the room followed my father's action, knowing they were tied to their master.

I was devastated to see all of this happening because of me, I turn my head to look at Sora who had regret written all over her face, it was telling me that she regret everything that she did, but she wasn't my focus right now, I face Naoya and tried to held him back by grabbing onto his arm to avoid getting hurt.

"You dare point your katana at me?" Naoya says in disbelief, power overpowering his aura. He summons his so called curse weapon, I widened my eyes at it before panicking.

"Naoya, that's enough." I say in a low voice, it almost came out in a whisper, I tried my best to avoid violence, I didn't want my husband nor my father or anyone to get hurt.

Naoya then looks at me, his eyes softening, the weapon in his hands disappears as he turns to look back at my father who was still holding his katana.

"I will tell your father about this, son." He says, threatening Naoya who was once again unfazed.

"With pleasure... no matter what the circumstances, even if I lose my father's trust I will not let you lay a finger on my wife." Shocking me, and shocking everybody around us, they all widened their eyes and turned to look at Naoya.

The supposed to be peaceful picnic with family has gone wrong and went on to a full disaster.

Before I knew it, Aoi and Riki had also went in front of me, signaling me that they were on my side, it made me tear up at the thought of how my siblings took their time to understand me.

"Mother, father, please stop this." Aoi pleads in a trembling voice.

"Let us hear sister out." Riki then adds.

My father had placed his katana slowly back on it's handle along with his guards and samurai following his movements slowly.

"I will not hear anything from her, I will not waste my time with the daughter I thought was innocent, Y/n— You have utterly failed as my daughter." She says before turning around her heel, she gets out of the garden, along with my father and their people who followed their trail, and also Sora.

Naoya, me, Riki, and Aoi were left outside the garden.

My knees began to weaken, Aoi came rushing to me and she wraps her arms around me in comfort, the tears I forced to not let out finally got out, I couldn't help it as I sobbed on my sister's chest.

The pressure, all of my mother's harsh words had left a big scar right on my heart, it was suffocating me.

"Shh. There, there sister." Aoi says in a soft voice.

No matter what challenges I face, I should never forget that there are still people that will stand by me.