Chapter 27

Chapter 27 | Intertwined
___________

Naoya's POV

"You're just gonna leave like that, Naoya?" Her annoying voice says to me as I wear my clothes again, looking over to her as I see her on the bed, resting on her elbow she pushes her upper body to look at me with the sheets covering her naked figure.

"I said don't call me by my name." I say back harshly and she let's out a scoff before laying back down on the bed.

"I agreed to have our child yet you can't bring yourself to be nice to me." She says with a sarcastic chuckle leaving her lips.

I straighten my posture, tasting a bitter taste right on my tongue when she said that, I fully faced her with a cold look on my face, "Don't call it our child, that's my heir."

Her smirk grew, turning her head to me, her eyes that held innocence but also the devil behind it looks at me.

"Why did you reject our marriage? I could've given you everything." She says, her voice low but still has the tone of someone being petty.

I scoff, I didn't have time for this, I still had a appointment with the doctor in town for my bruised hand, she was wasting every single breathe I spent with her, there was no doubt I despised the woman in front of me.

"You're unhealthily obsessed with me, Asami." I point out the truth making her frown her eyebrows at me.

"So what? Don't you love it when your wife loves you, that Y/n lady is nothing compared to me." She says in a more persuading voice, she had now sat up from the bed, the sheets still covering her figure.

"I said don't speak about my wife like that." I say, my tone raising a little making Asami flinch slightly.

Her eyes widened in annoyance, with tears building up from her eyes she kicks off her legs from the bed, dragging the blanket with her she walks and stands in front of me.

"Why? Do you care about her? How ironic, the heartless Naoya Zenin worries about his useless wife!" Asami eagerly yells at my face, my jaw clenched at the amount of disrespect she was giving me.

This was one of the reasons I refused of the marriage, she was always blinded by the obsession she has with me, she says things I wish not to here, do things I wish for her not to do, I never had imagined her as my wife, nor someone special.

"You were not like this when you're with me," She says in a vulnerable tone before shaking her head in denial, "You never care about anything other than yourself, then why... why do you care about her?"

"I don't care about anyone, Asami." I say in a much controlled tone, I was telling her by my eyes to stop this drama, just let me go.

"No... I can see it in your eyes." She says, tears now rolling down her cheeks as she backs away from me, "What does she have that I don't?"

See what in my eyes? My wife had told me herself there's nothing but darkness, I have never cared for anything, so what makes Asami think that I care for her? That's absolutely ridiculous.

"Stop your whining, woman. No one deserves my care, either you give me my healthy heir or... I'll take away your life." I say, getting hesitant about the last sentence but I did not have a reason to not said it.