Chapter 5

Chapter 5 | Little Red Riding Hood
______________

Next day

Y/n's POV

"Not only did you say foul things to Hiroto, but you even went to fight with the curse alone!" My mother yells at me at angriest tone I heard from her, we were now seated on the main room of our household, "You're not a samurai nor a sorcerer to be fighting with things like this, you are my daughter and I need you to act like a proper woman, we don't need you to act like a hero and have you unconscious on the ground when we found you! Now Hiroto does not want to see your face again."

"You had never failed to disappoint me in any ways you can think of! Why can't you just be a obedient daughter for us? You have to make everything harder for us! Why can't you understand that you need to be the good daughter we need?!" My mother begs for me to answer her question only for me to look at her with a blank look, unaffected about everything because I just let her words past through me.

The memories from yesterday was a blur in my mind, the last thing that I had remembered was the curse slapping the consciousness out of me. And before I knew it I woke up with a samurai that was carrying me in his arms and was running.

My mother's words passed through my other ear, I knew what I had done and was aware that I was going to die, but it still didn't phase me to protect for my people. But I do need to agree with my mother that we have samurai's for a reason.

But one question remained in my mind, where did the curse go?

When I woke up the samurai didn't mention anything about the curse leaving or dying, it just completely disappeared. What is the truth behind this mystery?

"L/n Y/n are you even listening to me?!" My mother angrily yells once more time making me snap my head to her.

"Yes mother." I replied and she sighs in annoyance.

"The sorcerers are going to arrive here as soon as possible, they are going to investigate on where the curse had gone too." My mother calmly says before glaring at me once more.

I nod my head like I was really listening to her but wasn't, my actions were careless but at least I was still alive.

"Why didn't the sorcerers arrived when we needed them, mother?" I ask my mother, looking up as she was caught by surprise when I suddenly talked to her.

"We have two messengers, the one was sadly caught by the curse and the other got away safely but he had problems on running back to the main town that's why the message was delayed." My mother explained in a very professional voice, I nodded my head at her and she puffs her chest out.

"I'm going to head out and meet with the sorcerers when they arrive, and you must stay here." My mother orders before she goes out of the room with her ladies trailing behind her.

I always understood my mother, she wanted the best of me, it wasn't very bad of her to make me be a good daughter and have a good future, she was just worried, but I wish she could show her worry in other ways other than this.

I always will wonder how my siblings are doing, they were sent to join my father on his journey to the main town, my mother didn't give me details on why he suddenly went with my siblings but I just let it go.

My siblings were the ones who are the most closest to me, they understood that I was just a human and I can never just be perfect, they took me even if I was always scolded by our parents.

Our clan was small so the future of it really depended in my hands, I needed to marry the most powerful man in these lands.

"My lady." Miya calls out making me look at her, I slowly stand up from my seat and she approaches me with a bow, "The food you ordered me to make was now done, should I pack it up for you?"

Sukuna, I almost forgot about the traveler that was living somewhere on the hills, I question where he lives in the nights, where he rests and what he does.

"Please do and if you are done meet me at my chamber." I tell her with a gentle tone and she nods her head, she then turns to look at Akira, "Let's go."

They both then leave, while I make my move to walk back to my chamber.

Time skip

"It was rather reckless of you to go alone yesterday, my lady." Akira says before placing the neatly packed dumplings were placed inside my basket.

"I know that Akira, I was just tempted to help my people." I reply with a frown as I let Miya fix my hair into a neat bun again.

"You could've at least went with one or two guards, my lady." Miya then says as she looks at me through the mirror, "We could not afford to lose a wonderful woman like you."

I was heart warmed by her compliment, I gave her a smile through the mirror as she gives me back the same smile.

"Thank you, but I will sure to not worry you when we encounter things like this again." I turned around and grabbed Miya's hand in mine as I looked at her and Akira, meaning every word I just said.

"Will do, My Lady." Miya exclaims with a sweet smile and I then finally say my good bye to the both of them as I head out to the secret back door as usual.

Grabbing the basket filled with delicious homemade cook, I began my journey on top the hill with my neat scarlet red Yakuta. Feeling kind of excited to tell Sukuna about the things that happened yesterday, I'm sure he will be happy about the food I brought for him as well.

I should really offer him a place to stay because who knows where this man sleeps.

After a good few minutes I finally see the usual shrine I say my prayers to in my sight making me fasten my pace a little bit.

When I fully arrived at the usual place I refresh my mind to, I immediately turned to look around the area for any sign of the traveler. But only to be met by the yellow trees surrounding me, my red Yakuta danced with the winds as I decided to just finish my prayers to the shrine before looking for the person.

Before I can take another step closer to the shrine, someone cleared their throat making me quickly turn around to face them.

Only to be met by a Sukuna who had his arms crossed in front of him as he looks at me with a smirk on his face.

"Sukuna-san." I call out in a soft tone.

"My lady." He says with a playful tone before doing a bow as a joke, "I didn't expect to have you come back here."

I chuckle at what he just said, "I told you I'd come, didn't I?"

Sukuna then chuckle at my reply, he then scans me up and down, looking at my red Yakuta as if it had history with him, "You know, the color of your Yakuta reminds me of something."

He says before slowly walking closer to me, his eyes didn't dare to look away from mine, making me grip on the basket tighter.

"Like what?" I reply with a small voice.

He then stops at a decent distance between us, Sukuna then leans forward to match my height with his, now his eyes were on the same level as mine.

"Do you know the story that starts with a fragile little girl in red going through the dark dangerous forest all alone to go to her grandmother's house, but she was suddenly stopped by a big bad wolf." He says with that deep voice of his, not knowing the reason my heart suddenly starts to beat faster.

"Yes I do, am I the fragile little girl in red and you're the grandmother?" I tell him with a small chuckle coming out from my mouth, taking his story as a joke but I don't see a sign of him laughing at my joke, he just continues to look at me with a smirk still plastered on his face.

"No, you're the fragile little girl in red... and I'm the big bad wolf."