Chapter Eight

A/N: Hey everyone! I haven't gotten round to re-writing this yet but I will very soon! Go ahead and read it anyway because this isn't as bad and doesn't have very many errors in it anyway. I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'm sorry that it's a little short, but I hope you enjoy it!

EIGHT

                             She ran until her breath started to go sky from exhaustion, for the sight before her as she hid behind a pillar with Debra and Levi was most horrifying indeed. The teachers huddled around the boy whom Kit realized as the cook from the kitchen. His eyes were deep black and hollow, like he no longer felt pain of any kind.

                          Kit tried desperately not to gasp, so she blocked her mouth with her hand and breathed out her nose instead. The teachers all wore looks of horror, their faces pale and even Miss Marla's lip was bleeding because she had bitten it from the whole scene.

                               "What do we do with him?" Asked Mr Sand, who stood near then back with the others. Syria was the only one who actually stood a metre away, examining the cook with her purple eyes.

                                "Um...It's hard to tell, we should not let him out though, and it could never go away." Kit new by Syria's expression that this was no game; it was real, very real.

                               The cook squirmed, he was chained to a chair as he was knocked out, he tried to scream and thrash against the heavy pull of the chains, but it was too hard and difficult for him. His eyes, Kit couldn't take her own eyes off his black, emotionless eyes. It looked like he wanted to kill anything in his sight.

                             The teachers were all quiet, letting Syria examine him properly. "How has this happened though?" Asked Headmistress, keeping her eyes locked on the cooks.

                                "Legend has it that the bite of a certain creature can easily turn our kind evil...By a bite. This could cause him to hallucinate and freak out, pretty soon he won't even remember his old life, and he’ll forget who and what he was." Syria creased her mouth to the side.

                           All the teachers just blinked and for a moment Kit lost her in the terror of everything. She couldn't stand the sight anymore, so she walked away as quietly as possible. Not looking back to see whether anyone had followed her or not.

                          "Kit, wait." It was Debra, her soft voice barely coming through the echo in the hall.

                     "Hey Debra." Kit tried her beast to smile, but it sort of wobbled, much like Debra's stunned expression did. Levi followed close behind, but he walked backwards, facing the room with the teachers and the now evil cook.

                        "Guys, that was weird. What's going on?" Levi's face was pale and showed very little fear, he was brave like that, but in this situation, Kit worried that it wasn't too good of a thing. Everyone should have a reason to be afraid of the beast.

                        Kit shook her head, brown locks of hair hitting her in the face. "I don't know, I don't really want to know." Kit new for sure that something strange was going on, but she was changed, she felt different like that spot of bravery had receded these last few days.

                        Levi and Debra nodded, shaking their heads in disbelief, "I'm afraid to know anything!" Debra erupted suddenly, her hands were shaking, if she had seen what Kit and Levi had seen the first day they ever saw the beast, she would have freaked and died of fear.