Chapter Two

THE NIGHT WALKERS-
    - CHAPTER TWO -

      TRANSFERENCE

"I cannot believe you," Debra said, her previous mood entirely forgotten. Kit sat on the bottom bunk, her hands quivering at her sides. "Did you seriously get through with the highest marks as well as be able to work alongside Levi Larkson?" She shook her head incredulously.

Kit gripped the cold metal bar with a distasteful look on her face. "It was scary," she inquired, recalling the three levels and being with Levi all the way through it. "I still can't believe I actually got through."

"Was it hard?" she gave me a bit of a wink. "Or did he do all the work?" She started laughing incredulously, long blond hair bouncing in perfect waves. "I am so jealous. You were right, I should have joined."

"Yeah, it was hard and no, we both got through it. He was actually completely different from what I was expecting. He wasn't like those other guys," she shrugged her shoulders, "I could be wrong, but I hope not."

Kit checked her watch, loving the sound the soft tick's it made as it went all the way around. "I have to go to Headmistress's office, I think it's about the mission tonight."

"Are you nervous?" she had a hidden cheeky look in her eyes as she said it but Kit portrayed it as another one of her messing around things. Debra was always in a different mood, happy one moment, angry the next – she was a bit like a hurricane – Kit thought to herself that maybe Debra read too many of those "fighting" books rather than fictional ones like Kit.

"I better go," she said, picking her jacket and slinging it over her white tank top. "I'll catch you later and fill you in on the information."

"Alright, bye, have fun with 'you know who'."

Kit closed the door with Debra's laughter empowering the stillness of the outside halls. With one small sigh, Kit picked up her pace as she made her way over to Headmistress's office.

* * *

Levi stood with his hands in his pockets, waiting for Headmistress to respond to his question. She was busy studying the clipboard in her hand rather than hearing what he had to say.

Kit hadn't showed up yet but he imagined that she was on her way at the moment, heart racing in her chest just as Levi's had yesterday during the test. Finally, Headmistress stood up, hair a flurry of wild curls as she turned around to face him.

"Alright," she finally said, "I have gotten all the results back. Is Kit here yet? She probably won't take much longer." The woman motioned for Levi to sit in one of the chair's as she took a seat at the large chair at her desk.

As Levi opened his mouth to speak he heard the squeak sound of the door opening. "Kit Stone," Headmistress exclaimed as she gestured for Kit to sit beside Levi. "We have much to discuss. I imagine you are tired but I hope you slept well."

"Sorry I'm a bit late, I just got caught up," Kit smiled at Levi as she took the seat beside him. She wore a white tank top that showed the small curves of her hips and showed the skinniness of her waist and a black jacket over the top. Her face, soft and flawless, hinted a slight reading of nerves.

"That's fine." Headmistress bent her head down as she shuffled through a few papers in the draws at her desk. "Oh, I don't seem to have the papers. I'll be back in a minute."

Levi watched the woman as she slipped through the door, leaving them in the silence, save the small crackling fire that stood along the gothic black walls.