Chapter Thirty

THIRTY
(KIT'S P.O.V)

            She swung the large blazing sword around as she gently bent forwards to dig the blade deep into a charging hybrid as it came towards her. Before her eyes flashed the big figure of Claudius as he roared with rage with his large golden eyes. She watched him, completely devastated by everything that was going on.

          "You know," he huffed, looking around at the many Night Walkers that wished to uphold their fighting position but didn't quite look as though they had it in them. They stepped back into the shadows, wishing to god that something else would help them but more and more hybrid's came from the cave and all hope seemed lost. "If you kill me, all these hybrids will die because if you kill their creator, then they all shall die."

              Kit didn't hesitate as she aimed the sword at every figure, watching as they swarmed around her. "Even all those Night Walkers that have been turned? They will all die because you turned them." She stared at him, he was a great big beast and the more she looked at him, the more she feared and resented his existence. 

           She looked away, unable to keep her eyes fixed cleanly on him. "I want you dead," she whispered, "more than anything in the world." She glared at his black eyes as his monstrous figure eyed her back with all the hate a beast like him could create.

             "I find that amusing because I want you dead more than anything as well." A laugh escaped his mouth that mimicked a madman's loud laughter in those asylums people stayed when they were insane.

              She swallowed bile in her throat and raised her swords slowly above her head. "There's no place for your kind on this earth. I am a Night Walker, I guard the world from evil, your kind only tears that down so you can ruin everything and everyone who has ever found peace. If you leave and promise to disappear, I will save you the embarrassment of losing to me."

             Claudius smile with his sinister smile as he strong legs beat against the cold ground. "I'm not made for cowardice," and with that he launched off his hind legs and was racing through the air. 

          Kit's eyes widened and she ducked and rolled underneath him. She whipped around, watching how her eyes gently caught the beautiful moon that raised above her head. In the back of her mind she gently whispered a soft prayer:

Thank you for guarding me all these years.

            She turned her head back to Claudius who had ran into a group of bushes. He turned around and looked back at her with his teeth snarling into a position of rare fierceness. She watched as he began to bind towards her with his hair gently catching the spindling wind. 

          She raised her large sword over her head and swung it at him as he leaped through the air with a large growl. Kit seemed to freeze momentarily before realizing where she was and just like that the sword scraped alongside Claudius's leg. He let out a large growl of pain as she watched black ichor beginning to sweep across the big cut.

         "Kit!" Levi suddenly began to scream at her and she lost concentration on Claudius as her attention went to the boy she never thought she could love so much. He was on his back with a large beast standing over him, its shadow casting darkness over his face and the other half of his face had the beautiful moonlight resting along his big blue eyes. 

          "No!" Kit screamed and sprinted towards him from behind the beast. She had hardly any time to think, there was no living for her without Levi by her side. She could feel her feet leaving the ground as she held the sword above her head and in one fast motion she brought it down through the middle of its back. It let out a growl of pain as she pulled the sword from its back.