Chapter Fourteen

FOURTEEN

Kit couldn't help but stare at Claudius with unmoving expression of hatred. This was the guy she had spent the last few nights chasing after. This man was the beast; he had taken Debra, taken all these girls and turned their eyes to black. After that, there was barely ever another chance the get them back again.

She watched Claudius with large suspicion in her blue eyes. At the moment in fact, as she watched Claudius's evil black eyes, she was thinking about melting him with her gaze.

"What's that looking for?" He asked with a mysterious expression.

"That is your own special look, congratulations you have officially made into my personal hate list!" She scoffed. It was such a terrible thing to be in Kit's position, where her best friend was at the arms of some beast just waiting for her to be killed. There was very little she could do, but even if it involved having herself being swapped over for Debra to get out.

"I have a proposition." Kit finally said after minutes of thinking. Claudius looked amused, for he changed position and was now leaning against the wall.

"Okay, shoot!" He grinned at Kit, smiling crazily at her.

She stared at the ground, enable to meet his eyes properly. "What if I trade myself for Debra?" The question must have caught Claudius off guard. Kit was probably what he really wanted, so he must have taken Debra in order to make kit want to swap the two girls over. It was like that day when Miss Marla had asked them to fight and Kit and Debra had said no. She wasn't going to fight Debra ever.

He continued tapping his fingers across the stone walls," What's the catch?"

"The catch is that you return Debra safely to the Academy and I take her original place." Kit stared at his eyes, finally able to meet them.

"Oh I accept!" Laughed Claudius as he turned around and gestured for his two servants. Which looked just like humans, only they must be under some kind of compulsion?

"Then where is Debra?" Kit took a step forward, but Levi came sprinting out of the darkness and grabbed her by the shoulders.

"Kit! Please don't do this." He begged and focused his eyes on hers. "Please don't go!"

Kit sighed and clamped her hand around his wrist, "I'll be fine Levi; you just need to trust me." As soon as the words escaped her mouth she knew they were a lie.

"How do I know that Kit? How do I know when I'll see you again...If I see you again?" He whispered in her ear.

Kit leaned over towards him and pulled him into a hug. Levi kissed her forehead and it was so delicate, so meaningful that it brought tears to her eyes at the fact that she may never see him again.

"I can't leave you." He begged more and more. "I can't."

"Levi, someone has to take Debra back. Kit pushed him back a little, "You need to go now! Please Levi, understand." She brushed her fingers across his hand before turning back to Claudius, who stood there looking very bored.

"Well, what a little show that was. Now pets." He said, turning to the compelled servants of his, "Fetch me that annoying blond haired girl I taught a lesson too." He smiled at the two servants and then something happened to his eyes. The went from dilated to really wide and wild. The servants cut back on their trance and nodded as they walked into a little door that was disguised as a cave wall.

"Well then," He laughed, "Weren't you about to escape?"

Kit shook her head at him," I am a keeper of my word," Kit told him, actually rubbing the side of her palm against her black armour.