Chapter Twenty-Two

TWENTY-TWO

(Kit's P.O.V)

                                      Kit was unable to open her eyes, she was finding herself scared that if she ever closed them that her entire posture would break down. There was a hand in front of her, holding something before her face that looked like fresh clothes. As Kit opened her eyes to inspect them, a wave of dizziness flooded over her, causing her great pain that she managed to surpass.

                                     "Look hear Miss Stone!" The witch spoke gushingly between two black teeth. "You must wear these for tonight’s banquet; I heard Master has some plans up his sleeves for ya!" She thrust the shirt and pants through the cell door and Kit watched as they landed on the ground before her.

                                  All she wanted to do was stick her hands through the bars and choke the woman to death... but she couldn't because Claudius had dripped nightshade on them, so if she ever tried escaping then she'd burn herself brutally. 

                                       "I'm not going to a banquet!" Kit spat, aiming a gaze as cold as ice towards the lone figure who stood on the other side. "If you think I'll do anything for you then you're completely wrong. I'll kill myself before I can do one good deed for you." Kit's harsh tone was even, yet it had the correct amount of anger to intimidate the witch.

                                       The hag only raised a withered hand and stepped back, "just a warning, Master won't be happy, especially since his plans have started falling through." The witch cackled merrily over at Kit, watching the girl as her hands clutched over the iron bars.

                                       She shook the bars, feeling the most gruesome pain shooting over her hands, probably blistering them. "Ouch!: She gasped, her breaths becoming ragged and uneasy. She shrunk back and away from the bars hating her defeat. "What plans?"

                                    The witch smiled, "nothing out of the ordinary, Kitaria Stone, just some very clever things he was thinking through the other night... then it hit him!" The hag made that last word hang in the air, darkening Kit to question it.

                                "What? What plan?" She stepped back, feeling her legs quivering from exhaustion. Her mind wondered aimlessly towards Levi's sad and betrayed face as she said her last goodbyes. There wasn't much else to do. "I already promised you that if I gave myself over, nothing bad would come to them... to my friends and my Academy!" Kit's hands shot up again, hovering over the metal but not close enough to touch it.

                                      The hag shook her head, "my dear, have you not thought it through yet? Has the lesson reached her stupendous mind? You can't trust a witch or Claudius for that matter." The witch grinned and stepped backwards until her back pressed up against the hard wooden door. "You best get some shut-eye, Miss Stone, we got some very important things for you!" 

                                           The witch opened the door, casting a mass of light to poor in. Kit wanted so badly to run after the witch but the light hurt her eyes which had only seen dark the last few days. "'I'll kill you one day!" Kit yelled after her, then the sound of the door shut... leaving her in complete darkness. Alone as always.

*  *  *  *  *  *

*Levi's P.O.V*