Chapter Twenty-Five

TWENTY-FIVE

 (Levi's P.O.V)

                   He watched in horror as more Hybrids came charging from around him, he managed to slip away from them and hide within the dark green brush around him. They were everywhere and all he was thinking about was a way to rescue Kit at the same time as getting back to find Debra and Sally.

                  He needed them safe, but judging by the number of beasts that were all here, he knew he had to do something to get her out, after all, she was his greatest treasure.

                 Levi crept into the shadows of the dark green brush, watching the fight rage on as his face stung from where he’s gotten cut. It was a deep cut and he could feel the blood dripping down his face, gradually mixing with his normal paleness.

                   Right, get it together, right now; you have to figure out a plan! He ordered himself, feeling like he was in two different wars. One with himself and one with Claudius. You have to get away from this and into the cave, you've already taken down Stacy, it should be easy now!

               He gritted his teeth and clenched his fists together at his sides, feeling the lack of circulation flow through his freezing knuckles.

                   That's it, his mind was set. He was going to go in right now and save Kit.

                 Quietly, he stepped through the bushes, ducking beneath the trees and stepping over rocks and stray twigs to make sure the sounds of his stepping were muffled. He cautiously slipped the hood over his head, making sure the shade shielded him quite enough,

                  Now he faced the cave, and he watched as the darkness loomed right before him. He steadies his gaze, a thousand horrible thoughts pounding through his brain, but he pushed them all to the side as he pulled out a bow and steadied an arrow, aiming at the figure that stood guard at the foot of the cave.

                   He had no thoughts left as he released the bow, watching it fly through the air and strike the hag on the side of the head, leaving nothing but a blood curdling cry.

                  The edges of his lips tilted up as he stood from his crouching position and hurried through the opened cave.

                   One thought was on his mind: Save Kit.

                   "Levi?" It was Sally's voice and Levi spun around to face her, his natural instinct - when being startled - was to hold a weapon up, and so, he unsheathed his sword and aimed it at her head. His eyes widened as he saw who it was and instantly he wrapped his arms around her neck.

                "Sally," he breathed, "I was so worried about you. We have to come up with a plan. Where is Debra?" He looked around at the war that had unfolded feeling his stomach clench at the metallic smell of blood.

                    "Don't worry, she's safe." Sally promised.

                    He just nodded and pulled back. "Right then, a plan." He sighed and tucked a loose strand of hair behind his ear. "We'll get Kit out then?"

                    "Yeah... still haven't figured how though, any suggestions?" She looked so innocent, Levi though, she was smaller than he was by a foot and a half, but still looked tall. Her stance looked quite tired and warns out and her eyes pulled the slight effect of half-moons from barely any sleep.

                        "Yes, I do have one or two suggestions, but they would be to spilt up. You find Kit and I'll look for Claudius, I won't really do much though, I'll spy on him and wait for you guys to come back." Levi said, seeing Sally's worried look.