Chapter Seventeen

SEVENTEEN

                            Kit's back was pressed up against the wall. Her head was spinning uncontrollably and her eyes were becoming blurry from the nightshade before. It was strange though, Kit's entire time at the Academy, she had always used nightshade on everything, but she never got it on her hands.

                             She aimed her head towards the blackness of outside the cell. She focused all her senses, thinking that since she was superhuman and had very high eyesight and hearing that she should put it to the test. Kit opened her mouth to say something, but closed it as she wasn't quite sure who was there.

                              Everything around her was spinning, she was no longer focusing on anything, the war outside still raged on without her as she wasn't quite sure whether she would ever get out of this cell. Out of this cave. Back to Debra, back to Levi. Her heart sunk then, the thought of Levi, of his strong arms, of his blue eyes.

                             I will get out of here for Levi. She let her eyes flutter shut, wanting nothing more than the sun, she wanted to hear Debra's laugh, and she wanted everything she couldn't have.

                           "Oh stop being too miserable!" A voice crackled from the darkness. Kit perked her head up suddenly, feeling the pain wrench through her every muscle. "I mean, you have nothing to worry about, after all, Master Claudius will have you out of your misery anytime soon."

                              Of course it was a witch. More tormenting on her way. Instead of letting the witch win, she just used a clear voice to speak up. "Believe me, I'm not worries about that." Kit shook her head.

                                 The witch cackled again. "Well you should be!" 

                                 Kit shrunk back until she was right against the cave. "Alright then, what are these plans?" She asked challengingly.

                           The witch’s feet shuffled against the floor. "Well, let’s just say they are very sacrificial." The witch walked up until her arms gripped the bars. She was looking down at Kit with pity. 

                              "What are you looking at?" Kit spat, regaining her feet as she stood up from the ground.

                                  The witch shook her fraying black hair, "I just feel that this was all meant to be." And with that, the witch receded a few steps as she opened the door and left the room. 

                                  Kit was all alone with the growing silence of her wondrous, scared and slightly annoyed mind.

                           Where was Levi? Was he already on his way? Have they left me to die? The questions made her glad but also anxious. What if they had given up?! She wouldn't be very annoyed at them if they didn't go looking for her because that means they won't be putting their life in danger.

                            The silence continued until it was very suddenly broken by another one of Claudius's growls that  shook the entire cave. Kit fell backwards into the wall, feeling the sudden collision with her head and the wall. Kit cursed. What was going on?

                               ""Someone! Get rid of them, take them out! Kill them! Do anything!" It was Claudius again and his sentence was so loud...almost like he was being purposely loud. Kit shook her head and the idea left her brain. What had she done to Levi? Why had she told Claudius about their plans?