Epilogue: Shadow's Call

THE NIGHT WALKERS 

      ~ EPILOGUE ~

 FOUR YEARS LATER

The brown haired girl glanced around through the crowd of people with her eyes gliding across each and every figure. With her hands figure as swift as a murderous crow she managed to draw her dagger from its sheath and aim it at the shadow that had cast an unearthly glow on the wall. She knew she had been followed for the last five blocks and was completely aware of it, but never had she realized that something so out of the ordinary could scare her. 

She paused and eyed the darkness at the end of an allyway and stared with her eyes creasing into a look of fury as she closed the distance between her and the person at the other end. She drew the dagger and pointed it directly at the shadow. "Who are you?" she hissed through her two front teeth as she coiled her arm around a whip at her belt. "Why are you following me?" 

Suddenly, the shadow dissapeared because it had stepped into the light, revealing a familiar blond-haired girl. Everything seemed to fall as the brunette dropped the dagger and stared wide-eyed at the girl that stood just a few metre's away. She watched with eyes as large as an owl's as the blond haired girl smiled with a flurry of golden light. "Kit," the blond haired girl breathed, "its been a while, hasn't it?" 

Kit absent-mindedly picked hte dagger she had dropped up and cautiously held it against the darkness. "Debra?" she questioned, noticing how her old best friend hadn't changed a day since she first turned all those years ago. "It has been a while." Kit wasn't sure how to act at first, the only thing she knew was that she had wondered how on earth Debra had gone from being such a fragile Night Walker to a tougher, more concentrated Night Hunter.

Debra stepped out from the shadows until she closed the distance between them. "I had to know whether everything was okay with you. I had a promise that I would see you again and I abide to that promise." Debra eyed her with curiosity as her gaze shifted over Kit. "Life's been great as a Night Hunter, but how I have longed to speak with you one last time." 

Kit's eyes creased into worry. "Why? What is it?" she questioned.

Debra shook her head. "Don't worry, Kit, it's no matter of Night Walkers, instead it's something that only a Night Hunter can take care of. I might be leaving and I wanted one last goodbye." Debra placed her hand on Kit's armoured shoulder. "Are you and Levi still together?"

Kit nodded her head with a shaky smile. "Of course we are." For some reason, even though Kit hadn't seen Debra in four years, she couldn't help shake the sadness that came from her every word. 

"Good, stay with him, you both need each other." She gave Kit a small smile, it was a smile she had become so use to in those years as a Night Walker. Now Kit had graduated and her and Levi had been wondering around from city to city looking for more danger to take care of. Never had she thought there was something bad involving the Night Hunters. "Goodbye, Kit, take care of yourself." Debra drew her into a small quick hug and gave her one last smile before she vanished into the shadows leaving Kit worryingly looking after her. 

*  *  *  *  *  *

A/N: And now the series is finished! A last minute twist which means that there will be a sequel about Debra and The Night Hunters. I will be letting you know everything in another part with answers to questions so pay attention!

Thank you so much everyone! It means the world to me that you have helped me so much <3333

~Marie xxx