Chapter Fifteen

FIFTEEN

Kit was looking around the room anxiously. She had done everything she possibly could to get out. She had thrown stones at the metal, she had tried to force open the bars, yet it never budged.

So she sat there on the ground, her entire body completely drained of energy. She had screamed until she lost her voice, she had stared at the wall, hoping it would break under the piercing stare of her blazing, empowering eyes.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Claudius opened the creaking door, watching her with his amused black eyes. “Miss Stone, I believe you’ve made a large racket. My witches are getting fed up with it.” He leaned against the wooden door, inspecting her closely.

“What?” She demanded, crossing her arms over her chest. Claudius shrugged, still having that evil smirk on her face.

“Oh, nothing.” He looked away and paced around the room. This guy was really starting to annoy Kit; what she really wanted to do was beat his head into the cage bars!

“Then why am I here then?” She shook her head at him, indulging his black eyes with pure hatred.

“Because it’s more torturous.” He said creepily, cracking his wrists.

Kit shrunk back to the edge of the cell, “Please let me go!” She couldn’t take it anymore. All she wanted was a normal life, one she would have a blast with and one she would know she was safe living in.

“Why would I let you go?” He leaned forwards, so close to her that she could almost touch him. Kit could almost grab his throat and choke him to death. Instead she chucked a rock at his head, picking the biggest one up. It flew through the air and hit him on the forehead, he didn’t stagger or even cringe; he just stood there unharmed at all, no mark even on his head.

Kit gasped, getting as far to the corner as possible. “How did that leave no mark?” She demanded. Kit wasn’t the type of person to get easily scared; however, in a situation like this, she was scared stiff.

“I have developed some rather difficult power. The witches, you see, have casted a spell on me. It’s a very good and strong spell.” Claudius stares at her stone figure. “Well…” He trails off and ends up averting his eyes to the wall while he waits for Kit to figure out why he was invincible.

After a few minutes of think, Kit finally came up with a logical answer. “Is it because of the eclipse that’s going to be happening tonight?” She looked up, hoping it wasn’t the answer.

Claudius started to clap, “Clever girl, you have finally figured it out.” He shook his head. “Such a shame I may have to kill you.” It was honestly not the worst thing Claudius could do to Kit. After all, in Kit’s case, if Claudius had tortured her, it would be way worse than death.

“Then if you’re going to kill me, do it quickly or tell me you’re…killing plan.” She shrunk back in revulsion at the word “Kill.”

“Okay, so it all began with the moon. I found the witches through my twisted brain then told them all I was their god; of course my werewolf-side and my completion helped them to believe me better. Anyway, your Academy comes in about now; see I needed some supernatural being to take powers from. Now I am at my fullest power because I am harvesting the moon energy, taking power from your comrades and turning them into my slave.” He looked at Kit as if to say “Do you get the picture,” or “You’re better dead than alive to see what I have in store.”

“Why?” Was all she asked and the question seemed have caught Claudius off guard, for he spun around and stared at her, his eyes glinting with the sharp moon in the tiny metal caged window.