Chapter 4

Zayns POV

After that in counter with Harry, I don't even want to show my face to the boys. I screwed up with not telling them the whole truth, but the decision I made was the right one. I don't regret it one bit.

I walk past the offices of people doing their work, typing on their computers, playing games on their phones, not having a care in the world. I wanna be like them. I want to be normal.

The only reason I quit the band and went solo, isn't for the fame. I want to still sing professionally, but not famously. I know that may be confusing to some people but I thought it out.

I always thought Harry would get mad, but not this mad. I didnt think that the other lads would be okay with it either. ill say my friends are so unpredictable!

I walk out of the cold building, and hear screaming girls around the corner. I dont feel like explaining it to everyone, so i walk around to the girls, whose backs are facing me. "hello girls." i say. The all quickly turn to face me, shrieks coming out of all 4 of them.

One of them has a pair of skinny jeans paired with a flower shirt and a bunch of jewelry. She looks a little like a disco ball, long blond hair. Another has medium length blond hair, with a black skirt and a red top reveling her belly. The third had a bun, black frammed glasses, and a band tee shirt and converse, paired with some high waisted black jeans.

The last girl, she has long choclate brown hair, curled at the ends. Her flower printed dress can be seen a million miles away. she has minimal makeup, but by far is the prettiest.

i give them all a smile and wave, getting ready to explain the long explanation of me quiting one direction. I hope they will understand.

"I wanted you guys to be the first to know this. I hope you dont hate me after i tell you this, but... Im quiting one direction." i say all at once.

i sigh after i say it, and turn to walk away. i feel someone tugg at my hand. I spin on my heel, coming face to face with the girl in the flowered dress. "Zayn, you can just leave us." she says, hurt written all over her face.

"Im doing it because i dont want to part of the fame anymore. I want to be treated like a real adult, treated like someone who isnt just part of a popular band, using the fame to get girls, or to get anything i want." i told her.

She shaked her head disapprovingly. "Im Katey, and i really dont understand you. You knew what you were getting into when you first went on that X-Factor stage. You knew you would never be the same again, and you cant just leave your buddies! Zayn, you have to please go back in and get into One Direction. Please Zayn. ill even go with you." she says.

Maybe shes right. Maybe i shouldnt have quit one direction. Its done nothing but good to my life. I may not like it but i cant just leave my friends. It's not fair to them. I slightly nod, hooking my arm with hers. "Ill be back in a couple of minuites." she says to her friends, before following me into the cold air conditioning again.

I stop in my tracks, scared of the way Harry will act. Wait, i already signed the release papers. "I cant." i say. Theres no going back. We are done. There is 7 more months left on tour, and i abandoned them. Im an awful friend.

She pulled on my arm a little. "Why cant you? ill be here Zayn. I also need to talk to Harry." she said. Harry? Why would she need to talk to Harry? Shes probably a reporter. "No, you cant see him. It was a mistake to let you in. Im sorry. Lets go back out." I tell her, saying nothing but the truth. Why would she need to talk to Harry? i know girls are crazy about him, but no need to use me to get to him!

People always say, "ohh Harry! Youre so hot", and "I love you Niall". itsw like no one even relises im part of the band anymore! When i get near them though, they all magically love me!

I escort Katey out of the building and back to her friends. "Im sorry Katey." i tell her one last time, before heading back over to the car i was going to get in origionally. i feel so bad for her, leaving her with her heart broken friends. ill never forget the look on her face. Pure sadness.

Thats chapter 4! Im on spring break and hopefully ill be able to update around Friday! Love you all!!