Chapter 20

Katey's POV

I try to listen to Ashton, but I'm focused on the 2 figures standing in the corner, dressed in all black. Before I know it, one of them hits Ashton hard on the head. Ashton's head falls back, and I scream loudly. They both retreat back through the door that we had originally come through.

I'm frozen with fear. I try to wake Ashton up, but he doesn't move. Did they kill him?! I scream until someone finally came in. The worker took one look at Ashton and ran back out, I hope to call the cops.

The police arrive, but after that, it's just a blur. I think Becca came over, but I'm not positive. Ashton wanted to tell me something and I know it had to be something important.

I haven't seen Katie or Ally so I guess they didn't know any of this happened.

Eventually, I start to remember stuff. Many police officers questioned me, but having all that be a blurr, I couldn't help them much. I knew Ashton was in the hospital, but I couldn't bring myself to go see him yet.

It's about 9pm, and Harry has his arm around me, laying in my hotel room. Ally and Katie are sitting in their room, Becca got here a few minutes with Luke, saying Ashton was ok and Calum and Michael was with him.

I just nod my head, staring off into space. There is no tv on or music or anything. "I need some air." I say, grabbing my phone and going out onto the balcony, closing the door and unlocking my phone.

I sit down on one of the soft chairs out by the edge. I'm usually afraid of heights, but I scoot close to the edge tonight.

I scroll through my contacts, clicking on Ashton's name and setting my finger above the call button.

I finally hit it the call button and wait for for someone to pick up. A couple rings later, I hear a deep husky voice, similar to Harry's morning voice. "Hey." He says, sounding like he just woke up.

"Did I wake you?" I ask, feeling guilty. "No. It's ok." He says, but I instantly know he's lying.

"Listen, I can't really remember a lot from today. I just wanted to make sure you were alright." I say truthfully. "I'm fine. How are you holding up?" He breathes into the phone.

"Fine but-" I say, before the line clicks dead.

"Cool Ashton. Classy." I say, bringing the phone away from my ear. I turn off my phone and look out over LA. It's so beautiful here. It's the summer and college is just in 2 months. I'm nervous, but I'm kind of excited. I originally wanted to go to Georgia Tech, but now I think I wanna go to UCLA....

I lean forward on the thin railing, and look down. Car lights passing, people honking, club lights glowing.

Maybe I should have some fun tonight.

--------

It took me a little over an hour to get ready. By 10:15, me and Harry were down, walking the streets of LA. Harry is wearing some simple jeans and a plain white shirt.

He's wearing some sunglasses in the dark, chilly air and a dark blue beanie.

We walk into a dark club, people with drinks everywhere. "Want a drink?" Harry asks, me immediately shaking my head yes. I need to get my mind off things.

I've been through 3 drinks, swaying on my feet, grabbing onto Harry for support. He's had 4 and he seems normal. We are swaying back and forth to the music, wanting this night to never end.

About 2 hours later, I wanted nothing more than to be with Harry. We've been dancing for about 1 hour and my heels are killing my feet.

"Let's go back to the hotel." I feel myself slur. He pulls on my arm, wanting me to follow him. We go into the chilly air, and I take off my heels, walking on the cold ground, barefoot.

Before I know what's happening, I'm in Harry's arms, letting him carry me to the hotel, not too far from the club.

When we finally get back, Harry sets me down in front of my hotel room door, making sure my short dress isn't pulled up too far.

I sway on my feet. I instantly regret drinking tonight.

When I stumble into the room, I roar with giggles. I'm not too sure why either. I flop myself on the bed, face down. I feel my dress ride up, but I don't care at this moment.

I hear a door open and some people talking. It sounds like Becca. "What the hell is wrong with her? What happened?" She screams, but I can barley hear her.

"We just went out for some drinks. She needed to get her mind off all this shit." Harry says. He's true. Before I know what I'm doing, I get up and push Becca out of the room. "Stop ruining my fun!" I say, shoving her back into her room and closing and locking the door.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!!!!! Vote, comment., and Follow!!!!