Chapter 18

Ashton's POV

"She has the same picture on her Instagram. She said her brother was given up for adoption after that picture was taken. I was adopted when I was 5.... After the picture was taken."

After I told Luke that, we both just walked around the hotel. It was 3:30am by the time we got back. We both went to sleep fast once we go into the room, but right when I woke up, I started to think about it again.

Katey could be my sister. She could be my fucking sister. The girl I've been looking for since I saw the picture, might be in the same fucking hotel as me. I thought she would remember me, But then again I was only 5 and she was just the 3.

It kept popping into my head. It's like I couldn't turn my brain off. Me and Luke got ready in about 10 minutes, me just putting a beanie over my matted hair, and a pair of black skinny jeans, paired with a Red Hot Chile Pepper t shirt.

Luke gets ready slower than me but it's still pretty fast for him. He has black skinny jeans, and a nirvana shirt on, both of us wearing our black converse.

"Ready?" Luke says, clearly tired but we've learned to deal with it. We sometimes stay up all night several days in a row, going to interviews and concerts and rehearsals.

"Yeah." I say, grabbing my phone and card key. We both walk toward the elevators. Luke already texted Michael and him and Calum are all down getting breakfast.

I send a quick text to Liam, Niall, and Louis asking if they were coming.

When we get down, Katey, Katie, Ally, Becca, and Harry are all sitting around a huge wooden table. I take a seat between Katey and Becca and Luke sits between Katie and Becca.

We all get our food and sit back down. I got some eggs and toast, and strawberry yogurt.

Everyone else got a variety of things. Sausage, bacon, toast, eggs, waffles, pancakes, orange juice and milk.

Soon the other 5 boys join us. "Hey." Michael says to us all as he sits down next to Katie. I notice how her face turns a deep shade as he reaches across her to grab a napkin.

I'll have to tell him the effect he has on her later. Right now, I need to talk to Katey. Privately. By that, I mean without Harry or her friends.

She gets up to get more food and I do the same, following her to the eggs. "Hey." I say, scooping some more eggs onto my plate. "Hey." She says, smiling sweetly at me. "Can I talk to you later today? Without Harry?" I say suddenly. "Uh, sure." She says, again smiling.

"Thanks." I tell her. "Give me your phone." She demands. I hand it over to her, and watch as she types her number in. "Text me when."

"I will." I say, grabbing my phone back. "Ok." The says. She gets what she wants and goes back to the table, still smiling. Wow. I don't know how were related.

I'm standing, leaning on the counter in front of the waffles, waiting for it to cook. I feel someone grab my shoulder.

"Hey man, what was that all about? Harry thinks you're hitting on her." Luke says, snapping me out of my dead stare at the waffle maker.

"Sorry. I'm not though and you know that." I tell him, grabbing my waffle and putting it on my plate. "Yeah, but he doesn't." He says, reaching over and grabbing a piece of toast.

The rest of the day goes by pretty smoothly. Nothing too interesting happens. I finally text Katey around 6:30, asking what she's doing.

She responded with: Nothing much, about to go for a swim. Wanna come?

I quickly send her a "yes" and throw my swimming trunks on. "Bye guys." I say, waving at the 3 boys sitting on the bed, watching Breaking Bad.

"Where are you going?" Luke asks, directing everyone's attention towards me. "Pool." I state, gesturing to my shorts. "Bye!" Michael screams.

Luke jumps off the bed, coming towards me. "Hey, I got a date with Becca at 8. I made reservations at a nice hotel down the street." He says. "I'm going to tell Katey and ask her about everything." I simply state.

"Dude. Good luck." He says, patting my shoulder. "You too." I say, before retreating into the hallway. I click the elevator bottom, and it immediately opens to revel Katey in her light pink cover up.

"Hey." She says, looking at me with a smile. "Hello."

I start to fidget at the quietness of this close proximity. Dude. Stop being a fool and talk to her.

Once the door open, I let her step out, then follow her down the hall to the pool. "Wanna get in the hot tub first?" She asks me. "Sure."

This could be the chance. I can tell her everything. "Katey. We need to talk about something important." I tell her, but her eyes are focused to something behind me.

Before I can look back, I get smacked on the side of my head. Hard.

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!