5.

right hello, I was supposed to upload this chapter yesterday, but fell asleep while proofreading it so my bad. anyways merry late christmas you guys. enjoy!! <3

*ೃ༄·˚

reunion with that one friend with dark impulses

*ೃ༄·˚

"rin yamaguchi, 26 years old, residing in one of the apartments at kazuro inn. she lives with a guy, tadashi yamaguchi, who is also a police officer. she works at the local hospital and is one of the best and youngest doctors out there." sanzu, ran, mochi and kakucho were seated in one of the offices, kaku had ran do a background check on the female, so here they were.

"that's it?" sanzu questioned as he stared at ran who held a brown envelope in his hand.

"what more do you want?" mochi asked as he sat down next to ran and propped his legs up on the footrest. none of them dared ask what the heck was this all bout earlier, they knew better than to annoy sanzu with their pointless questions.

"yamaguchi isn't her real name, what about her past?"

"there isn't much, just that she moved from california to tokyo six years ago, now known as yamaguchi. her former name was ishiwaka...wait how do you know that?" ran glanced at sanzu, as the latter just sighed and said,

"we grew up together, she's familiar with toman," the male just shrugged and raised his glass to his lips. as he was about to take a sip, realization hit him.

"wait is she married?" his neck twisted so fast, mucho thought he might have heard his bone crack or something.

"no, there's no marriage certificate nor any records about her being engaged either."

"then who the fuck is she living with?"

"why do you care?" the purple-haired male gave his colleague a pointed look,  expecting at least a reasonable answer, not that he expected much really, for it's sanzu we're talking about.

" I don't, I'm just curious," the male sipped on his drink and stared out of the window. I promise. why did he have to remember that now. sanzu dragged a hand on his face and sighed in frustration. I'm over her right, then why is bothering me so much tha-

"the boss is back,"kakucho said as he got up from his seat, he pocketed his phone and checked his watch.

"mochi, go get the girl." with that said, they all left one by one making their way to the grand living room, where their boss, manjiro sano was seated with rindou who was filling him in with the recent events.

"you're back," sanzu said as he moved forward to greet mikey.

"yeah, is it true? it's really her?" the white haired man questioned as the others nodded. it had been years since they had last met, and mikey regretted not biding her goodbye on the day she left.

"then where is she?"

"right here," mucho said as he descended down the stairs, followed closely by rin, who hid behind him as all eyes were on her. she was sporting a new attire, a white shirt and black cargo pants that made her feel a tad bit more comfortable than she usually did.

brown eyes met darker ones, the female's eyes widened in surprise as she took in the new appearance of the familiar male.

"m-mikey?" rin could not believe her eyes, tears were welling up as she stared longingly at the male who just gave her a smile in return. this was definitely new to the bonten members, it was a rare sight seeing their boss smile, that too to someone of the opposite gender.

mikey slowly opened up his arms as the female rushed to his side, embracing him as tears spilled out of her brown orbs.

"I missed you," the female choked out, or atleast tried to, the boss just hummed in response as he held her tighter, memories of their childhood resurfacing.

"I'm sorry you got dragged into this mess," the male said, detaching himself from the woman's arms and patting her head. he wiped away her tears as her cheeks were tinted pink.

"huh? wait...you're the head of bonten?" realization flashed in the brunette's eyes as she backed away from the man in front of her. he only nodded and motioned at the couch, signaling her to take a seat. mikey then looked at the other males, as though telling them to leave and give the two some privacy.

sanzu stayed put in his place, looking at the female and then at his boss.

"you can stay sanzu, take a seat." mikey nudged the other male as they walked towards the couches.

the trio sat down in silence, each one having different kinds of thoughts running through their minds. mikey was the first one to speak up, catching the other two's attention.

"so uhm how's life?" he asked as he watched the female snuggle more into the couch finding a more comfortable position.

"uh it was great, that is until I woke up here, tied up and sitting in front of a group of dangerous looking men," the female shrugged nonchalantly.

"right, that's a good way to put it," awkwarddddd.

"sanzu was the one to bring you here right?"

"yes, he was"

"what no-"

the duo replied at the same time, glaring at each other as they both scowled at being cut off.

"from what rindou has told me, he caught rin snooping around when she stumbled across you guys, and you decided to take her in, in case she went and reported it, is that right?" mikey said, already fed up with the two's antics. they are still the same as before whenever they're together huh?

"she also puked on koko's shoes and drooled on both me and rindou in the car," sanzu pipped in as heat rose to the female's cheeks. that was news to her ,was she that embarrassing-

"she what-" mikey covered his mouth, refraining himself from laughing at the embarrassed brunette's state.

"that's old news, what's going on with you guys?" that instantly shut them up. rin felt goosebumps rise on her arms as tension filled the atmosphere. shit I fucked up didn't I.

"that is none of your business," sanzu spoke up, eyeing the woman coldly as she shuddered in response.

"it is, since you're the one who dragged me in here," she retorted, glaring back at the pink-haired male. mikey just watched the interaction in silence, unsurprised at the fact that they were fighting again.

"well, if you had just been a normal person and not snooped around in a shabby looking club then you wouldn't be here now huh?" a haughty smile graced sanzu's lips as rin sighed.

"I was looking for the bathroom, how the fuck was I supposed to know that you guys were  murdering people in one of the rooms!"

"then you could have just knocked or something."

"as if that would have been better."

brown orbs clashed with blue ones, dark looks exchanged, each holding as much venom as the other.

"that's enough you two," mikey spoke up, breaking up their little staring contest and bringing the attention back to him.

"rin, you know this is serious right? as for you sanzu, behave," the white-haired man ran a hand through his hair and sighed.

"as from today you'll be staying with us, to the world you'll just be another missing person. i'll find a way to cover it up and try to have you help us out the work without getting yourself involved in the bloodwork, that's it for now," mikey stood up from his seat, leaving the two in silence as he made his way to his room.

rin just stared at the male's retreating back in stupefaction, then sanzu stood up making the female look at him, "go back to your room and come out only when you're asked to,'' with that said, the strawberry-haired man left the woman alone to tend to her thoughts.

what the fuck just happened.