Groups of five

"I hate Mondays." Y/N murmured under her nose as she sat on her first lecture this year.

It wasn't too early but given the hour she went to bed the day before (talking to Sugawara the day before school day was not the best idea for both), it was normal she was tired. Although her friend was responsible and was always telling her to go to sleep when it was past midnight, he couldn't help asking more and more questions as soon as she answered her phone.

"Don't worry, I heard the teacher is quite easy on students. Well... maybe when they are actually willing to study." The girl raised her head from the desk and looked up just to see a kind-looking man with slightly shy smile plastered on his face.

"I will have no problem with studying. I will have problem with not getting enough sleep in the dorms." Y/N smiled tiredly, putting her face on her open palm. She didn't know many first graders yet, her mind being too involved in the situation between her and the older boys. This is why she was grateful that someone started a conversation with her. "Hey, I heard that we would have some kind of a group project at the very beginning, do you want to form a group?" She asked as soon as the idea popped in her head.

The man smiled a little awkwardly, just as he wanted to say no. But he nodded once instead, peaking at the direction of the door. "As soon as this is not a project for pairs, I'm in."

Y/N wanted to ask what he meant by that, but his eyes shone brighter as a tall, blond man walked into the classroom.

"Tsukki!" The kind one called and waved shortly to the other one.

"Don't yell." The other one mumbled and sat on the chair next to Y/N.

The girl was sure that he would probably not take this place, but the other ones close to the green haired man were already occupied.

"Oh, so you are his pair." Y/N said with understanding, gaining a disapproving look from the blond.

"I'm his what?" He seethed through his teeth, squinting his eyes a little.

"Well, we were talking about working on a project together if we were about to have one and he said that he will do it with me unless it's a pair project." Y/N said, her voice a little down as a response to his tone. She didn't like his salty demeanor already.

"You know each other?" The blond asked, looking between the two. Y/N looked at the green haired man, realizing she didn't even know his name.

"We've just met. I'm Y/N, by the way." Her outstretched hand made the green haired one smile, while the blond furrowed his brows.

"You group up for a project not even knowing each other's names?" He asked with a rude smirk. "Very professional of you."

"Don't get mad, Tsukki isn't always this rude." Green haired said with a delicate smile, shaking her hand. "I'm Yamaguchi Tadashi. So, you live in the dorms? Which room?"

"Room 16. It's on the-"

"Wait, so you're Tsukki's neighbor!" Yamaguchi called excitedly. "How come we didn't see each other?"

Y/N deadpanned, looking at the blond. "Well, I was kinda busy this week. But if we're neighbors, it will be even easier doing projects together." She smiled, thinking how luck was on her side.

But was it really?

The man called by the other one 'Tsukki' suddenly looked at the girl with interest. "So, you are... actually, never mind." He said under his nose with a light smirk, but then his expression changed into the previous, bored one. "Tsukishima Kei." He said louder, nodding at the girl in welcoming motion.