Chapter 24 - The Island

Y/N's POV
I was riding on Baymax's back under Hiro again while Baymax held Fred and Wasabi. Honeylemon and Gogo were riding on Baymax's shoulders. He was flying us to the island.
We were riding in silence for a moment and Hiro slowly snuck one of his hands around my torso, holding me.
"Killer view." Gogo spoke.
"Yeah...if I wasn't terrified of heights I'd probably love this." Wasabi spoke, "But I'm terrified of heights so I don't love it."
I chuckled and we all remained silent the rest of the flight.
Baymax slowly landed us on a fenced in concrete outpost from the island. The girls hopped off Baymax's shoulders and Baymax gently put Wasabi down after dropping Fred.
Hiro let go of me and hopped over Baymax's head, landing on the ground. I slowly slid off his back, touching down on the ground before patting Baymax's back.
"Awesome! Our first landing together as a team!" Fred cheered. I smiled at him.
"Guys, come on." Hiro whispered.
I looked his way and he nodded at me. I pulled some water up from the ocean and stored it in my backpack part of my suit Hiro had made.
"Quarantine? Uh, do you people know what 'quarantine' means?" Wasabi asked, pointing at a sign.
Baymax started listing off the definition and I jogged briefly to catch up with Hiro.
"Oh! There's a skull face on this one, a skull face!" Wasabi continued.
I rolled my eyes.
We were trespassing, of course there were going to be warning signs.
"Be careful, he could be anywhere." Hiro spoke quietly.
There was a snap behind us and everyone, including myself screamed.
I formed my water into ice daggers and threw them at the noise, closing my eyes.
What?
It's not like I'm a fighter
Everyone was throwing things and/or attacking in the direction of the sound and when the smoke cleared, it was just a pidgin. Luckily, it was missed.
Jeesh
We need to calm down
It flew away.
"That was a bird." Fred announced.
I chuckled and Hiro glanced at me, causing me to turn pink.
"Well, at least we know our gear works!" Honeylemon chirped.
We approached a vault door that was sealed shut.
"Your time to shine Wasabi!" I spoke out and he nodded.
He turned on his blade and stabbed it through the door, cutting a rough circle for us to climb through.
We walked in and as we were walking down the hallway, Fred started singing a theme song he must have made up for us.
"Fred, I will laser-hand you in the face:" Wasabi spoke and cut Fred off.
I chuckled.
"Guys, shh." Hiro spoke and glanced at me. I blushed as we made eye contact and quickly looked away.
Hiro turned to Baymax, "Any sign of him Baymax?"
We all looked up at the robot. "This structure is interfering with my sensor." He spoke.
Wasabi responded, "Perfect, the robot's broken."
"Uh guys, you might want to see this." I heard Honeylemon and we all turned to see her slide open a door. We slowly walked through to see what looked like a destroyed...portal?
"What do you guys think it is?" Gogo asked.
"I'm not sure...but look." Hiro spoke and pointed out. I followed his point to see the bird symbol on the remaining portal.
Honeylemon looked over at something, catching my eye and I followed her gaze to see what looked like a control center.
I felt my breathing catch in my throat and I froze momentarily. I started to pick at my knuckles, fidgeting my hands together and felt Hiro gently grab my hand, interlacing my fingers with his.
I turned red and stopped fidgeting immediately, a shiver of goosebumps running up my spine and arms.
The group started making our way up to the control room and Wasabi opened the door. Hiro dragged me along.
"I don't like this..." I muttered.
Hiro glanced at me and gave a soft smile, causing me to look away, flushed.
We cautiously entered the control center.
Hiro dropped my hand and walked up to the monitor. He pressed the space bar on the keyboard and the screen lit up with several cameras, most of which were black.
I looked closely to see Krei on the monitor. He looked panicked.
Hiro reminded the film and we watched it.
I fidgeted my hands together, picking at the scars. Hiro glanced at me as I stared intently at the screen.
It was Krei talking about something called "Project Silent Sparrow."
He reached out and took the general's hat before tossing it into the portal. It got sucked in before flying out the other portal.
My eyes widened.
Teleportation?
Even I didn't think it was possible
And I'm a waterbender!
I continued to watch the video, and stepped closer to Hiro anxiously, feeling the uneasiness rise.
He glanced at me and stopped my hands from picking at my knuckles.
We all watched intensely as a girl climbed into a capsule.
"We've invited all these people, might as well give them a show." She spoke.
I swallowed anxiously and a hand went up to my neck, squeezing it slightly, a toxic habit of mine.
Hiro glanced at me and grabbed my hand, intertwining it with his and dropping my toxic habit.
I flushed at the contact. It made me a little anxious but I appreciated the sentiment. I was growing accustomed to his touches.
"Sir, we've picked up a slight irregularity in the magnetic containment field." I heard a voice say.
My attention snapped back to the screen.
"Mr Krei. Is there a problem?" The general asked.
"No. No problem." Krei spoke. "It's well within the parameters. Let's move forward."
"3...2...1..." The countdown started.
I squeezed Hiro's hand anxiously as the pod took off.
"Field breach! Abort! We've lost all contact with the pod!" A voice yelled out.
One of the portals blew up in an explosion.
I turned away as Honeylemon gasped, "Oh no."
I winced at the yelling sounds and shut my eyes tightly.
"Krei! Shut it down now!" I heard the general yell.
There was more yelling and I slowly opened my eyes.
"The government shit down Krei's experiment." Hiro spoke.
"And he's using your micro bots to steal his machine back." Honeylemon spoke.
I felt a sudden unease behind us.
I slowly turned around.
"Krei is the guy in the mask!" Hiro spoke and I saw a large piece of rubble being lifted.
"Look out!" I called out and grabbed Hiro before it was thrown at us.