03

after a while everyone finished eating and made their way to put the dishes in the sink.
"oh mami the food was so good!" said mirabel looking at the woman in blue, probably her mother.
"thank you baby." she smiled.

i walked out of the kitchen feeling full from all of that food. but then i felt someone walking up to me rather swiftly.
"hola chula." said camilo smugly with his hands behind his back.
"olá?" i said not sure how to say the word right getting a chuckle from camilo.
"first time in colombia?" he smirked, i nodded.

"you're from brazil right?" he asked walking next to me while i made my way towards the guest room.
i nodded "is it a nice country?" i thought for a while before shrugging.
"if you ignore the robberies, tragedies and toxic politics you could be very happy there." camilo nodded his head while listening.
"well i bet it's a fun place." he crossed his arms.

suddenly miguel came in the room looking like a tired baby "i love this place already." said miguel dropping on the bed "who's the cucaracha guy?" he asked getting a weird look from camilo.
"that's just wrong." i said, miguel rolled his eyes "sorry." he mumbled.

i looked over at camilo from the corner of my eye and looked at miguel, of course the poor boy was confused as hell.
"that's my brother." i said getting a frown from him.
"he's so fucking tall." whispered camilo making me frown.
"he's just 6'1(1.85cm)" camilo's eyes widened.

"what's the matter with that?" asked miguel with his arm covering his eyes.
"you look like a palmera man." said camilo shrugging slightly.
"well at least im hot." miguel gave him a thumbs up before letting it fall next to him while he laid on the bed.

"right..." i shook my head.
"well," said camilo breaking the silence "i'll see you around bonita." he winked and walked out of the room closing the door behind him.
"why does he remind me of that coraline boy?" asked miguel sitting up.

"which one?" i frowned.
"why born." he snickered.
"i won't even ask, miguel sighed with euphoria "come on it's funny." he protested.

i sighed and went through my suitcase.
"are you seriously looking for that pic?" said miguel rather annoyed.
"i'm sorry for that picture being important." i rolled my eyes while i continued my search.

a few minutes later i was able to find a small polaroid with a picture of me holding a black cat while hugging a shorter boy with dark poofy hair and his blue cross-eyed eyes.
"that kid used to scare the shit out of me whenever you brought him home." confessed miguel standing up to stare at the picture.
"you're such a bully i swear." i shook my head.

"what? i'm just saying." he shrugged.
"well he was the sweetest, he even made dad cookies." i grinned whilst i continued to stare at the picture.
"you guys were the quietest couple huh?" miguel jokes crossing his arms.
"too bad he's not here." i sighed while remembering all of those happy memories.

when we went to a pool together at his house, when we had this little eating contest on his birthday ending up with him losing. i did and still do miss him alot, he didn't deserve the outcome he got or even the bullying he received from the older kids.
he did everything he could to make people smile, and even on his darkest days he would always have time to cheer others including me. he left us three years ago.

"what was his name again?" asked miguel.
"lucas." i spoke quietly trying not to tear up.
my brother didn't need the power to feel emotions to see how sad i felt. gently, he began to rub my back trying to comfort me.

"he was a good boy." said miguel with a apologetic smile.
"indeed he was." i smiled.
"cheer up before dad starts asking questions again." miguel joked nudging me on the shoulder.
"sure." i chuckled and placed the polaroid under my pillow.

"aren't you coming?" i asked noticing my brother laying back down onto the bed.
"nah." he flipped me off making me shook my head and left the room.
i looked over at the tall balcony on top and stared at the glowing doors.

"pretty huh?" i jumped seeing mirabel standing next to me with a bright smile.
"yeah..." i spoke shyly.
"i really like your dress." said mirabel pointing at my ocean blue dress with some flower stitchings on the hems of the dress.
"i like your glasses." i chuckled getting a silly face from her while she pressed her glasses up.

"maria right?" she said.
"hm." she smiled.
"well i never thought your mama used to be my tio's crush." she giggled.
"who?" i tilted my head "bruno" i nodded in realization.
"well too bad she's happily married huh?" mirabel smirked.
"come on now don't get them divorced!" i joked making both of us break into laughter.

"well does she have a sister?" she asked, i shook my head.
"hm, that's a shame." she shrugged.
"it was even a twin." mirabel gasped and pretended to whine like one of the children of the town.
señora pepa then noticed us "what are you two up to?" she smirked pointing her finger st us.

"well maria and i were just talking about tio bruno and señora juliana." and with that pepa's eyes sparkled.
"oh you should've seen them when they were younger!" pepa squirmed.
"really?" said mirabel.
"oh yes!" she clapped with excitement "bruno would give juliana a daisy every morning before breakfast and then they would hang out for the rest of the day!" she giggled with content.

"aww that's so cute!" mirabel squealed.
"it was." pepa's smiled slowly faded away while a dark cloud appeared on the top of her head.
"what?" i asked, she looked at me and then down her feet.
"he saw her future."she gave us a weak smile before quickly walking away while her cloud got darker.