30

me and miguel decided to head back to the house of the madrigals but then he stopped pale faced.
i frowned and followed his gaze ending up to find the place where we buried the vision, with a empty hole.
"we're fucked." miguel spoke under his breath.
"what do we do?!" i whispered, miguel stood quiet before responding.
he sighed " we pray?"

"what?" i frowned "no!" he raised an eyebrow at me.
"alright genius then what are we supposed to do then?" i rolled my eyes and looked around for anything suspicious, like a deep footprint.
"there!" i pointed.

"well," i smacked my lips "i guess bruno noticed the missing pieces." i tilted my head.
"I don't think it was bruno..." miguel crouched closer to the foot print "this is very deep," he said "and bruno walks around with light feet, especially in his tippy toes when trying to steal something." i nodded.
"so you think someone with heavy feet took it?" i asked, miguel shrugged.
"yeah maybe," he tilted his head "maybe someone as heavy as mr.felix or luísa." he stated.

"mr.felix isn't that heavy tho?" i chuckled.
"every old man is heavy, but not every man has a sense of style like him." miguel confessed making me chuckle again.
"what about alma?" miguel's eyes sparkled as if he had just gotten an idea.

"she does have motive, and since she walks so slow her footprints could end up deep like this one." he smirked.
"so it makes sense of her wanting to steal something like a vision of you." he shrugged.
"we need proof tho." miguel stood quiet while trying to think of something.
"we'll just have to look out for any suspicious behaviour." miguel sighed.
"ok, and until then we'll just act normal!" i gulped.
"yeah... let's just hope no one else knows." he massaged his temples as we continued to walk back to the house.

we all went straight to sleep, but i was the only one who seemed to be unable to.
all i could think about was my nightmares, i somehow couldn't stop having them since that day. since it happened.
the stuff they said, it was true, with all the power i had been given i didn't use it when i needed to. if i did both lucas and aunt joana would've been alive by now.

i sighed and sat down on my bed, it was pretty dark inside and outside but not even the darkness could cradle me to slumber. i suppose there was someone for me to talk to, but was i ready to tell him? could i keep it together explaining everything?.maybe not, but i couldn't just lock it down a well like other times—i needed to talk to someone about it and fast.

i groaned and got out of bed defeated, putting on my slippers i made my way out of the room instantly getting hit with the cold breeze of the open roof in middle of the house.
"no mama it's not her." i heard bruno whispering from the kitchen, i frowned and walked closer trying to hear their conversation.
"then who is it?! she's obviously the only one with such power, she's going to steal our miracle just face it bruno!" alma groaned, my eyes widened noticing the small and faded green glow hitting the floors.

"it must someone else i'm sure!" bruno defended, that's when i heard glass breaking "mama!" bruno shouted.
"forgive me mi hijo..." the old woman let out a stressed breath, bruno said nothing.
"it's ok." and with the small noise i suppose they were hugging, i gulped and rushed to the hall so they wouldn't notice me

i walked by some of the doors and stood up in front of camilo's while fidgeting with my fingers, i wasn't sure if i could knock on his door, what if he just fell asleep and i was bothering him? perhaps i was just being a fool about everything, i don't even think i was able to talk about it anyway so what was the point? this the reason i couldn't talk with anybody about this kind of stuff, i was a coward. i was someone who didn't have the balls to actually face my problems, a little vermin that couldn't fight for its own food, a giant mistake.

i sighed and slapped myself in the face, before turning to walk away my face bumped into someone. it was bruno, i gulped. he looked deadly serious.
"come with me." he spoke in a low tone while grabbing me by the arm, i let myself get pulled all the way towards his tower—wasn't sure of what he wanted from me but i was sure it had to do with the missing vision.

we soon reached his tower letting bruno lead me to a area made out of sand and broken stairs, i looked around feeling nervous as ever.
"he's definitely going to kill me..." i mumbled to myself.
"there's something i have to show you maria." said bruno placing down a few leaves and sticks on two different piles inside a small circle he drew on the sand.
"what is it?" i asked quietly, he sat down on his knees and gestured me to do the same inside the circle. i gulped and followed his orders.

"you'll need to hold on." he said while handing out his hands for me, i placed mine on top of his and the man closed his eyes before letting a deep breath.
he opened his eyes, revealing a bright green glow "we're visiting your future." and suddenly the  sand began to spin arounds like a storm.
i gasped trying to process what was happening, but before i could think about anything else i noticed a small green of alma yelling and pointing fingers at someone, it wouldn't show who—it just appeared glitching scribbles of distorted figures.

soon enough another person appeared floating in the middle of a room with what seemed to be little cups floating beside them, their figure was also a distorted scribble.
"no matter how hard i try." bruno spoke whilst i kept my gaze on the visions of green "you and your family never show up." and then i saw the scribbles jumping at alma making the vision explode, i quickly covered myself.
"see?" bruno picked up a few pieces of the newly broken vision, i frowned and examined the shards.
"that makes no sense." i whispered.
"i know..." bruno gulped.