28

"camilo i'm cold," i sighed as the two of us cuddled each other  camilo's bed, his face buried into my back.
"fine," the boy whined and took out his ruana and placed it on top of us.
"doesn't your bed have sheets?" i chuckled.
"too lazy." he mumbled.

i let myself relax under his grip, cuddling was something i never tried before with any of my friends especially from brazil. but i kind of liked it, it felt rather comfortable actually—i couldn't see myself being cuddled by gabriel or even other guys for some reason. what the hell was wrong with me?!

i sighed, i then realised i couldn't feel much movement from camilo. slowly, i turned my body around to face camilo who was calmly resting his eyes and let myself smile whilst i stared at him.
"what." asked the sleepy boy with his eyes closed.
"nothing," i grinned "it's not everyday i see you this calm and quiet." i joked, camilo let out a quiet chuckle.
"right," he sighed and hid himself on the crook of my neck sending shivers down my spine "sorry." he mumbled.

i took one of my hands and began to play with his brown little curls, all i could do was smile and chuckle—i sure was in a good mood this evening.
camilo and i spent the entire evening after lunch doing crazy hairstyles and making a dramatic telenovela about camila and mario, the two in love chameleons. we were just a few minutes away from dinner so i guess i had to wake camilo up, that's when i started to feel a bit sleepy, at the end i closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

i then woke up with a gasp and found myself inside that same cold and dark room. i looked around in a panic before noticing the slightly slouched woman who was bleeding from her neck,nostrils and stomach. she kept staring right at me.
"maria...happy birthday." i heard a raspy voice speaking from behind, i trembled as i let myself face the owner of the voice.

i gasped once i saw a huge figure with a disfigured body and big open eyes and crazy smile.
"happy birthday to you..." it began to sing in a low menacing tone "happy birthday my dear cornflower..." he wrapped his sticky arm around my shoulder making me start to tear up.
"happy birthday maria." soon enough the slouched lady was now a huge giant making her blood run down her body like cascade.

"it's your fault dearie." said the voice "you had the power but you didn't use it to save her..." the voice growled while the thick red blood began to form a river around us.
i tried to defend myself but it came out as pure silence, not even a sound could be heard from me "come on now..." the figure's neck made its way around my body noticing the tears in my eyes "crying won't bring her back will it?" the figure gave me a creepy grin.

"it's all your fault my little cornflower." that's when the room began to fill up with blood, slowly covering my ankles and knees "you're just like your sister...." tears began to roll down my face, i tried my best to yell or at least scream but it only came out silent static.
"stop being such a crybaby," soon enough there was another figure behind me "you know better..." the other figure began to laugh menacingly.

"maria help me!" i then heard a small whimper while the blood slowly began to reach my stomach.
"see? you're worthless!" then a third figure appeared with a more angrier expression.
"you're just wasting your powers just like mariana!" said the third figure sounding rather offended "yet again even she could've saved her!" said another figure.

i began to sob in silence while more figure and more blood began to surround me, the thick red substance already covering my chest. i tried to move but i was frozen in place, all i could do was stare at those figures laughing and yelling.
"and don't forget poor lucas..." the said the first figure, i gasped and closed my eyes shut.
"the poor thing couldn't trust you so he killed himself!" it giggled, i began to sob even more, almost losing all of my breath.

"you'll end up hurting your little chameleon as well," my eyes widened open "he'll realise he won't be able to trust you and he'll do it as well." it grinned, i shook my head trying not to believed in what they told me.
"wow! you're even worse than your sister!" the figure begann to cackle at me.
soon enough the blood had  reached my face, letting some of it escape into my mouth, i tried to spit it out but only more would come in. i could feel myself choke inside that bloody prison.

i gasped awake already hyperventilating with panic, camilo—who was eating on the floor—quickly stood up and walked over to me.
"maria what's wrong?" he asked with his hands on my shoulders.
i could feel the room spinning as i continued to lose my breath, the boy looked around trying to think of something to help me.

"hey look at me!" he cupped my face with his hands making me stare into his dark green eyes, i gulped.
"dos oruguitas," he sang softly, i tried my best to retain my breath "desorientadas," i nodded trying to focus on him "en dos capullos, bien abrigadas." he leaned his forehead against mine.
"con sueños nuevos," i closed my eyes and tried to relax.
"ya solo hacer lo necesario," i whispered while he sang "en el mundo que sigue cambiando," my breathing began to steady itself.

"tumbando sus paredes," camilo then let go of my face to hold my hands "ahí viene nuestro milagro." we then stopped singing and looked at eachother, i gulped with a dry mouth.
"feeling better?" he asked, i nodded and just stared down at our hands.
"want something to eat? i told abuela we were eating here." i looked over at the floor, it had two bowls on top of baskets, they had pieces of meat,some corn and a sort of soup covering it all.

"come on," he whispered, he helped me sit down and placed my bowl in front of me while i sat cross legged.
i looked down at the food and gulped "i got you juice." he then dragged a tall cup with orange juice towards me, i gave him a curled up and took a small sip from my drink.
"so..." camilo spoke softly "did you have a nightmare again?" he asked before a bit of meat inside his mouth.
"um..." i stammered quietly, camilo sighed "you don't have to talk about it," he said.

"thanks." i sighed and began to eat from my bowl, camilo stood quiet while trying to think of something to say, i looked over at him noticing how slouched he was. it made him look like one of the chameleons we drew.
"i have good news." camilo caught my attention "camila and mario just got five children." he smiled, i chuckled dryly.
"wanna choose names for them? all i have is neither camila jr or mario jr." he scratched his head.
i giggled "sure." we continued to eat.