18

"maria," i groaned feeling someone poking me on the cheek "maria!" i tried to ignore "maria!" i was then pushed off the bed making me yelp.
"what the fuck?!" i shouted tiredly.
"buenos dias." said mirabel with a smirk, of course she was already dressed in her normal and colourful attire.
"fuck.you." i sighed while rubbing the back of my head.

"love you too buddy now get up and go eat something," she said getting out of the room "buenos dias familia madrigal!" she shouted happily.
i sighed and decided to wait for them to go to the kitchen, minutes later i was able to get out in my pyjamas towards my room.
"olha a cara de bunda ta aqui(look the buttface is here)!" said miguel laying under the covers of his bed without using a shirt like always.

"cala a boca vagabundo(shut up tramp)." i rolled my eyes.
"sheesh." he smirked "were you with your boyfriend last night?" he grinned, i glared at the guy.
"no actually, i was with my girlfriend." i smirked, he frowned.
"since when?" he sat up.
"since i fucked your mom." i laughed, he glared at me "let's go and eat something come on." i grabbed a dress and went inside the bathroom.

i put on another dark blue dress with sleeves and without any stitches this time, no collar either. i  got out of the bathroom just to meet miguel snoring against his pillow, i rolled my eyes and walked over to the kitchen. they weren't there, so i went in the back and saw them eating outside by the sun, they all looked at me.

not sure why but i suddenly felt like they knew something. as if they could judge me with their eyes only, probably thinking that i'm a complete fool or something!
wait, did she tell them? she ratted out luísa's  secret rather easily so what was the difference about telling mine? maybe she told them when i was asleep... or maybe dolores heard everything!

i gulped "are you ok maria?" asked pepa while pouring some juice onto her cup.
"ye-yeah." i smiled "well sit down!" she smiled back. i looked around noticing the only seats left were neither the seat in front of luísa or in front of camilo, none of them seemed appealing today. if i sat with luísa then she would neither get worried about miguel and if i sat in front of camilo he would neither try to start a conversation or just stare at me, since he almost saw me crying last night i guess he would do both wrapped onto that one subject.

i sighed and looked over at camilo, he waved at me with a gentle smile. i bit my lip and decided to sit down in front of luísa. she gave me a weird look.
"is miguel ok?" she whispered, i nodded.
"he'll be eating late today." i smiled, she nodded her head.
"could i bring him some food then?" she asked, i looked over at my parents and shook my head.
"he gets cranky when people wake him up." i gave her a small smile.

"maybe i should save some food for him." she shrugged taking another plate and dividing some of her food on it.
"by the way..." luísa trailed off while i started to eat some of my arepas "does he like cornflowers or something?" she asked.
"not really." i shook my head with some food inside my mouth. she frowned.
"then why does he have one on his bedside table?" she asked, i thought a little trying to remember.
"it gives him nice memories of an old friend from brazil." i smiled.

"is this friend a girl or a boy?" she asked while leaning her cheek against her palm.
"a guy, his name is carlos." i said before eating another arepa, luísa nodded her head while thinking.
"and why are you telling me this?" she asked, i shrugged.
"maybe it's because i know your secret." i smiled, she looked at dolores and leaned closer to the table.
"who told you?" she whispered angrily. 

"everyone!" abuela stood up from her seat getting everyone's attention "as you probably know, la festa de las velitas is in four days." my mom began to jump with excitement, i tilted my head.
"what is it about?" asked my dad getting side eyed by alma.
"it's when we all light up our candles for virgen maria!" said mirabel with a shrug.
"that's nice." said dad with a small smile before eating an empanada.

"like i was saying..." alma sighed "let's just try and enjoy ourselves...with the andrades." she glared at my dad, he looked away nervously—probably feeling the negative emotions.
"this is going to be fun!" said isabela while quietly clapping her hands.
"my candle is going to be the brightest!" said antonio letting his leopard friend put his paws on the table.
"antonio please." said pepa.
"leonardo down!" he patted the animal's head.

"when does it start?" i asked slightly noticing camilo staring at me from the other corner of the table.
"at sundown on december 7th." said luísa "and then we stay up till sunrise." she ate some buñuelos.
"wow it must be really nice." i smiled, mirabel smiled.
"yes, it is." alma spoke coldly.
"alma!" my mom hissed, the older woman then stood up to grab some more food.

i looked over at luísa, she seemed really upset "are you ok?" i asked, dolores looked over at us.
"you didn't tell him right?" luísa gulped, i shook my head she sighed in relief.
"sorry  if i made you uncomfortable or anything." i smiled, she smiled back.
"it's ok, as long you don't tell him i'll be fine." she shrugged "i think you should get some food though, you'll starve." she joked, i chuckled and grabbed my plate.

i stood up and out of nowhere camilo stood up as well with his plate which looked just half empty.
"ok..." i mumbled to myself while walking towards the little table with trays of food on it.
i took some arepas and a pair of buñuelos and some beef empanadas.
"hey." camilo spoke quietly standing next to me with his plate.
"hey." i gave him a curled up smile.

"are you ok?" he asked, i nodded "dolores told me you were crying." he said, i blushed and looked over at dolores who was trying to look calm, i sighed,
"i'm fine." i shrugged placing another arepa onto my plate "what about you?" i looked over at him, he looked back.
"yeah..." he gave me a small smile "what did you two talk  about?" i asked making him jump.
"what?" he frowned.
"you and mirabel." that's when he started to blush a little.

"well," he looked away "we were just talking about mirabel's crush and stuff..." he gave me a nervous smile.
"oh...we talk about something like that." i smiled back, his eyes widened.
"about who?" he asked with a grin "luísa." his face dropped.
"right," he nodded "anyone else?" he asked.
"no but we did a sleepover." i shrugged, camilo chuckled.
"so..." he dropped his head "you're not mad right?" he bit his lip.
"no, why would i?" i chuckled, the boy sighed in relief.
"just a feeling." he shrugged.