20

"so if i light my hair on fire," said miguel looking at himself in the mirror "would i become a candle?" he asked with a mischievous grin.
"are you dumb?" i glared at him.
"what?" he shrugged "come on, i could look really cool doing it!" he rubbed his chin.
"where do you want the funeral to be?" i smirked, he scoffed.
"in your mom's ass." he glared, i rolled my eyes.

"come on miguel stop being so rude!" said mom hitting him on the head.
"ouch fine..." he mumbled "but i will find a way to look cool at the candle ceremony." he crossed his arms with confidence.
"right, as if lighting yourself on fire would do the trick." i teased, the boy groaned in annoyance.
"you're just jealous i'll look cooler than you." he scoffed.

"perhaps you could do a cute candle!" mom smiled at us, miguel bursted into laughter.
"we're not five mom!" he gasped for air.
"right so i guess you're mature enough to set yourself on fire?" mom raised an eyebrow at him, he looked away.
"i sometimes wonder who's genes you have." my mom smirked and walked out of the room with our dirty laundry.

i just continued to read my book while miguel just stared me down, i looked over at him and noticed him glaring at me, i frowned and looked away.
"we need to talk." miguel then snatched the book out of my hands.
"what?" i looked over at him.
"let's talk about the chameleon boy." he said crossing his arms with a smirk.
"camilo?" i sat up with a blank look.
"whatever," miguel rolled his eyes "let's just talk about him." he said in a dark whisper.

"shoot it." i sighed.
"is he..." he asked bending his wrist making his hand point down, i chuckled.
"not sure but i'm am sure he's isn't straight." i crossed my arms.
"well he does give out some vibes." miguel shrugged.
"was that all?" i smirked, miguel shook his head.
"do you have a crush on him?" he asked, seeming oddly confident about it.

"what?" i frowned "no!" i sighed in distress.
"are you sure about that?" he raised an eyebrow.
"yes, extremely sure, one hundred percent." i rolled my eyes.
"well may the lord bless him because he might end up rejected then." miguel shrugged, i frowned again.
"you're saying he has a crush on me?" miguel smirked.

"too bad it's not mutual." he teased.
"there is no way in hell he likes me." i scoffed, miguel groaned,
"who the fuck has so many sleepovers?!" he barked.
"best friends." i gave him a blank look.
"you might as well fuck him." miguel chuckled.

"fuck off." i sighed.
"it's rather obvious," miguel shrugged "the way he looks at you is quite interesting." he teased, i chuckled.
"i'll just pretend you never said that." i stood up and walked over to my desk, noticing the little polaroid picture of me and lucas. miguel walked over to me.
"you know..." miguel spoke quietly "you used to say the same thing about lucas." the boy shrugged. i frowned, did i really have feelings for them? somehow being around lucas felt differently than being around camilo. lucas was sensitive and helped me feel confident and camilo who was extra energetic made me feel happy and always made my day. but why?

"it's different." i managed to say, miguel sighed and walked away "where are you going?" i asked.
"going to plant some flowers," he said grabbing onto the door knob "everything feels so confusing right now." he looked away and left. i hoped he was ok, he wouldn't just plant a flower about confusion—it had to be something stronger...
i sighed and laid down on my bed.

"maria." camilo called out while knocking on the door.
"come in." i responded, the door slightly cracked while camilo made himself welcomed into the room.
"what's up?" he said looking at me.
"my ceiling." i sighed, camilo chuckled.

camilo sat down on the floor with his back facing leaned against the bed "do you feel ok?" he asked taking my hand and pulling it towards him to play with making me shift a bit more on the corner of the bed.
"just confused i guess." i responded.
"identity crisis?" he teased making me chuckle.
"no, definitely not that." i smiled letting him to continue to play with my hand with his.

"wanna talk about it?" he asked looking at me over his shoulder.
"yeah, do you mind?" i asked sitting up, he shook his head and sat next to me.
"you can lay down if you want." he shrugged, i sighed and laid back onto the bed with camilo following.
"so?" he said and started to play with my hand again.

"people just keep talking about having crushes and stuff!" i groaned.
"who?" he frowned staring at my hand.
"miguel and mirabel, they keep asking me if i have any crushes on people." i sighed, camilo looked over at me with a sad expression.
"and you don't." he said.
"i'm not even sure anymore." his expression shifted into shock.
"i see..." he mumbled while intertwining his hand with mine.

"do you sometimes feel confused about love camilo?" i asked, camilo placed both of our hands close to his chest and thought for a little while.
"well i used to but don't feel confused anymore." he shrugged before looking over at me with warm eyes. i liked it when he looked at me like that, his eyes could turn my winter mornings into summer evenings or even melt away the snow around my heart.

"what helped you stop the confusion?" i asked looking him in the eyes, he stood quiet as we continued on our staring contest.
"i just realized how i felt..." he mumbled, our faces inches away.
"i see." i smiled, camilo smiled back before looking over at our hands.
"i like this." he said making me also start to stare at the hands.
"it's nice." i responded,camilo chuckled.

"i'm sorry if being too clingy." he smiled and looked over at me "got it from my parents i guess." he shrugged.
"it's ok i don't mind." i shrugged back, camilo chuckled again.
"why do we shrug so much?" he laughed.
"i don't know." i joined in the laughter.

we sighed in content slowly drifting into comfortable silence, camilo then started to play with my hand again. i looked over at him and chuckled "what?" he said keeping his gaze on our hands.
"you look like a cat." i grinned, he gave me a weird look "what?" i chuckled.
"you're weird sometimes." he smiled.
"says who?" i smirked, he looked over at me with a serious expression.
"the most handsome guy in encanto." he said in a sassy tone.
"after mariano." i teased, he rolled his eyes and continued to play with my hand letting the tip of his fingers connect with mine.

i stood quiet just looking at camilo, he looked so wholesome he almost reminded me of antonio but older i guess?
"stop staring at me so much." camilo looked me in the eye "buy me dinner first." he winked making me giggle.
"we'll see." i looked over at my ceiling.