24

"that was the most awkward shit ever." miguel sighed as we walked back to the house of the madrigals.
"it wasn't that bad." i shrugged, miguel then began to look around.
"hey where's your pet chameleon?" he asked, i looked around at the madrigals and camilo was nowhere to be seen.
"I don't know?" i frowned.

"i thought you two were making out or something?" miguel scoffed.
"very funny." i rolled my eyes letting him enter the house before me.
"i guess his new gift is being invisible." miguel let out a dry chuckle.
"shut up," i sighed "i was talking with someone and-"
"ooooh!" miguel grinned "how did you know that i adored love triangles?" he asked placing his hands on my shoulders as we walked to our room.

"what's that?" asked my mom with a smirk.
"maria's love life just got complicated." said miguel doing a dramatic stance, mom giggled and ruffled his hair "mom!" he groaned and tried to fix his hair.
"i'm going to take a shower." i said and locked myself in the bathroom.

as i felt the warm water run down my body i couldn't stop thinking about the time i spent with gabriel, it was nice but not really that interesting. everytime we looked into each other's eyes i couldn't bare to continue to look at them, there was just something missing in them, perhaps it was because they had a very plain colour or maybe that they shined too much. there was just something missing!
of course he would flirt from time to time but it didn't affect me as much, he was a very nice guy with a gentle personality and a nice sense of style but he just had something missing, no matter how charming he could be there would still be a piece missing just like the little green vision me and miguel found the other day.

i dried myself and put on some clothes before getting out of the bathroom.
"that shower took a little longer than usual." miguel scoffed "doing magic back there?" he smirked, i stuck out my tongue at him getting the same treatment back.
"ai gente vocês precisam de ir para uma igreja(you guys need to go to a church)." dad complained getting a small giggle from mom.
"teenagers." my mom shrugged making my dad laugh out loud.

i sat down on my desk and began to draw, all i could think about was chameleons for some reason, i soon enough gave in and tried my best to draw good looking chameleons but of course most of them came out a bit wonky. at the end i might've ended up drawing a whole page of chameleons with some sunflowers on the corners of the page.

"what are those?" asked dad while tilting his head.
"they're um...chameleons." he cringed.
"those chameleons need therapy." he whispered and went inside the bathroom

i woke up rather early so i decided to get a little snack before everyone else woke up. and as soon as i entered the kitchen i saw bruno feeding a crowd of rats pieces of bread, he noticed me and gave me a awkward wave.
"so..." he said.
"why are you awake mr.bruno?" i asked walking up to him, he shrugged "too lazy to sleep?" i chuckled at his silliness and then remembered the vision.

"by the way..." i trailed off taking a small apple from the fruit basket on the counter.
"what?" he asked.
"what are those visions of yours about?" i asked, the man in green shrugs.
"they show the future i guess." i nodded.
"but how far into the future?" i bit onto my apple.
"well i can choose on far the future is." he chuckled dryly.

"well," i took a deep breath "do they have a bad meaning or?" i asked, bruno frowned while eating a piece of bread.
"sometimes they're good sometimes they're not it just depends." he shrugged again.
"oh ok." i nodded "why are you asking about my visions?" he frowned leaning closer to me.
"i-um..." i tried to find a way to get out. "did you ever have a vision about me?" i spat out making him freeze.

"i need to go." he said with his rat army following behind him.
i sighed and turned to walk back to my room and froze when i spotted camilo walking past me.
"camilo." i smiled walking behind him.
"hey." he spoke quietly, i frowned feeling his tone of voice rather colder than usual.
"where did you go last night?" i asked while camilo put a slice of ham and cheese between two slices of bread.

"oh um..." he said "went to do...something." he shrugged.
"oh..." i bit my lip "i was just a little bit worried." i smiled softly.
"i thought you were flirting with gabriel?" he said with a blank expression.
"well he wasn't that interesting." i sighed getting camilo's attention.
"oh really?" he smirked, i frowned making his smirk go away "too bad i guess." he mumbled and bit onto his sandwich.

"are you ok tho?" i asked, camilo nodded "good cause i was really worried." i grinned placing my hand on his shoulder 
"yeah like i said i needed to do stuff." he gave me a warm smile.
"that's nice." i then started to walk out of the kitchen "where are you going?" asked camilo with some of his sandwich in his mouth.
"i'm going back to my room to change." i said pointing down at my blue striped pyjamas, camilo chuckled and gave me a thumbs up.

after a while it was time for everyone to get up for family breakfast.
"so that vision might be in the far away future." miguel shrugged getting a side eye from dolores "i sometimes forget that girl can hear us." he whispered.
"maybe it's because you talk too loud." i smirked, he glared me down.

we got outside and sat down on our usual seats but this time mirabel was the one sitting down in front of me, i frowned and looked over at where mirabel used to sit which was on the opposite corner of the table. that's where camilo was sitting with a bored look.
"surprise!" said mirabel, i gave her a thumbs up.
"what's wrong?" i asked "well..." mirabel chuckled.

"did you talk with a gabriel last night?" she asked leaning closer against the table, i frowned and gave her a weird look.
"yeah?" her eyes brightened.
"perfect!" she whispered "you could make him say good stuff about me to júlio!" she then covered her mouth looking over at dolores who was smirking on her drink.
"um..."