36

i woke up in a familiar room painted in blue, small little cornflower details would be in the corners of the walls and furniture. in the middle, stood a inky figure who's body was distorted.
"happy birthday my little cornflower" it said while walking up to me as i laid down on my small bed.

"obrigada tia(thank you auntie)" i spoke in a much higher tone of voice, like a child's tone of voice.
"are you excited for today?" its form slightly glitches, i nodded.
"i can't wait to celebrate your precious birthday, today is going to be perfect!" they glitched even more while putting their hands on my shoulders.

"i love you maria," said the figure and suddenly her inky body began to let out small cascades of blood, slowly letting her body melt across the floor.
"she's my most prized possession!" i heard a giggle from a man and soon enough the room was on fire.

i gasped and got out of bed, quickly began to run towards the door. i opened it but there was nothing on the other side, just a pitch black void made of silence. lucas was then next to me by the doorframe "it won't hurt." he said and before i knew it he threw himself into the void. letting his body slowly disappear.
i looked back at the burning room and then the void "i'll follow you." i whispered and let my feet guide me and get me falling into the inside of the void.

i gasped and opened my eyes, i was back at the room we were staying at the madrigal house. i sighed in relief.
"nightmare again?" i jumped noticing miguel buttoning up his white shirt and his hair tied up in a small man bun.
"the usual." i sighed and ruffled my hair.
"just stop dreaming about them." he shrugged, i gave him a glare.
"wow thank you you've solved all of my life problems." i said sarcastically.

"you're welcome lil sis!" he winked, i rolled my eyes at him.
"how come you don't have nightmares?" i asked.
"well because im very manly..." he said showing off his 'guns' "and because i was passed out the entire time." he shrugged, i scoffed.
"how manly of you..." i mumbled.

"come on! it's your boyfriend's birthday today." he said pulling my out of bed.
"ok." i whined and went into the bathroom to change.
i then heard dad coming inside the bedroom from the bathroom door "don't forget the gift miguel." he said.
"on it." miguel sighed.

i got out of the bathroom and saw miguel picking up a small red box from dad's drawer.
"so," miguel turned to me "what are you giving to chameleon boy?" he smirked.
"i-" miguel tilted his head.
"you forgot about your own boyfriend's birthday? jeez and mom says i'm bad with dates." he chuckled.

"what? no! the fuck?!" miguel snickered, i rolled my eyes at him.
"well good luck lil sis" he winked and walked out of the room with the red gift box.
i took a deep breath and walked over to my drawer, gently i took out a blue box with a small cornflower on top of it.

i hoped he would like it.
walking out of the room i noticed isabela growing some flowers on some pillars of the house, pepa was with felix putting some balloons on the walls with small pieces of tape.
"go put on these streamers, please." said antonio giving some yellow and orange streamers to some tucans and birds, the birds flew up towards the balcony and let go some of the streamers on top of their railings.

i walked towards the kitchen and saw julieta and dad baking off the cake for the party.
"oh look who's here." said miguel with a smug look, mom looked over at me with a smile.
"good morning meu amor, did you sleep well?" asked dad while creating the frosting.

"ma where do i put the table?" asked luísa with a long table on her shoulder.
"put it in camilo's room." said julieta.
"isn't the room pitch black whenever camilo's not in the room?" asked luisa with a frown.
"well just put it wherever." julieta shrugged.
"alright." luisa was then headed towards camilo's room, being quite careful to not hit anything.

"where's alma?" asked mom giving my dad more butter.
"she's giving out invitations." said dad.
"but isn't that dolores's job?" asked julieta.
"dolores is taking care of her wedding plans." said mom, julieta nodded and continued to bake.

i walked to miguel who was sitting on one of the counter tops with a cup of coffee in his hands.
"i don't care if this is radioactive," he took a sip of the coffee "this place sure how to make some good fucking coffee." he sighed with relief.
"you might need to slow down on the coffee miguel." i looked down at his almost empty cup.
"don't worry this is my third not fifth." he shrugged and drank the last bits of coffee he had.

"julieta have you seen camilo?" pepa came in with a cloud on her head.
"he's with mirabel." said julieta a little worried with her sister.
"and he didn't care to tells us?!" her cloud then let out a thunder.
"come on pepi let's do something else." said felix pulling his wife away from the scene.

"dang, your boyfriend preferes spending his birthday with his cousin and not you." miguel smirked.
"it would be a problem if he didn't." the boy shrugged, probably agreeing with me.

"kids why don't you go help out with the decorations?" asked mom while luisa walked by us—probably to get some chairs—and walked back towards camilo's room.

"sure," miguel shrugged "where do i put the gift tho?" he said taking the red box in his hands.
"just leave it there." said julieta.
"i'll put mine in my room." i said and rushed back to my room to hide the gift.
"why couldn't you just put it in the kitchen?" asked miguel while leaning against the door frame.
"too risky." i shrugged.

we then just began to walk around the center of the house trying to see what we could do to help.
"you can't lift people right?" asked miguel with crossed arms.
"no why?" i frowned.
"well you can lift donkeys," he smirked.
"yeah but only very old ones." i shrugged.
"what's the difference between old and normal?" he frowned.
"one's lighter." i sighed, miguel nodded.

"why are you asking that tho?" i looked over st him.
"i was thinking," he cracked his knuckles "you could lift me up and i could tie up some streamers on the ceiling." he said pointing at the hole in the center.
"why the roof? no one's going to party in the roof." i scoffed.
"it looks cool from the outside!" he defended.
"like your face i guess." i teased, he rolled his eyes at me.

"alright forget it." he sighed "let's just go check out what antonio is doing." he pointed at the boy in the distance.
suddenly some random stairs appeared in the direction of camilo's door making miguel let out a small shriek.
"what the fuck?!" he breathed.
"oh my god you're so manly miguel!" i teased making a high pitched voice, the boy glared at me.

"this house is crazy." he sighed, without an warning the house moved some of the tiles in the floor making miguel fall onto his back.
"fuck.you." he whispered angrily making me burst into manic laughter.
"oh thank you for blessing me with such a dumbass brother." i gasped for air.
"i'm going to kill you in your sleep, you'll see." he said while getting himself up and then falling back down due to the floors "oh come on!" he groaned.