Chapter 1

Vander came back into The Last Drop holding two girls. Echo didn't pay no attention as he was working on the techniques Vander was teaching him in the room underneath the bar, sweat pouring from his blonde hair.

"Echo, you're still going about it all wrong son. Strike with precision and not just raw strength." Vander said, putting the girls down.

"I think I'm making progress. Who're they?" Echo said stopping his practice and wiping the sweat from his face.

"I'll explain later. For now, make them feel welcomed." Vander said walking by him, patting him on the back.

Echo walked up to the two. The pink haired girl pushed the blue haired girl behind her.

"I ain't no threat to you two. Name's Echo." He said slowly approaching them, arm extended in a friendly and welcoming manner.

"Violet, friends call me Vi. She's Powder, my little sister." The pink hair girl said, shaking his hand. The girl named Powder stepped from behind Violet and waved at him.

Echo wasn't much of a 'people person' so once he explained everything to them he went upstairs when he saw they were comfortable.

"Dad, you said that you'd explain who they are." Echo said as he took a seat at the bar.

"I knew their parents, as I knew yours. I knew it was a mistake to do any of this, wish I could take it all back and undo what's been done." Vander sighed, the tone of regret and sorrow in his voice and then looking at his hands.

"Oh." Is all Echo could say, shocked. He'd never seen this side of Vander in all the time he'd known him.

"Promise me this son. Never, under any circumstance, abandon those closest to you and always protect them." Vander said looking Echo straight in his hazel eyes.

"I'll do one better dad, I swear that I'll never abandon those closest to me and I'll always protect them." Echo said putting his right arm up.

"I'm glad to see at least one of the things I taught you made it through that thick head of yours." Vander laughed which caused Echo to laugh.

"Couldn't have survived this far with it." Echo said still laughing.

After they finished laughing, something much needed for Vander, Echo walked back downstairs.

Mylo and Claggor had already came back from wherever they had went to and have introduced themselves to the two sisters by the time Echo got downstairs. Powder was looking at him when he walked through the door, though he didn't notice when he walked over to them.

"Yeah, Echo here could beat anyone in The Lanes in a fight." Mylo said as Echo sat down on the couch.

"Thanks for the flattery, but I'm no where near that level yet." Echo said, laying his head on the top of the couch.

With that the room went silent for a minute until Echo spoke up.

"If y'all will excuse me, I'm going to go for a walk." He said as he got up and walked to the door.

Just before he opened it, he turned around one more time and this time he noticed when he saw Powder looking at him, when she noticed he saw her she quickly averted her gaze. He walks into the hallway and closes the door before heading upstairs.

"Heading out, Echo?" Vander called out, trying to clean his gauntlets.

"I guess." Echo responded back, walking out into The Lanes.