Chapter 7

As Ekko pushed him back, Echo wanted to yell 'no' at him, but the words just couldn't and wouldn't form. He didn't want this to happen, this is exactly what he wanted to avoid.

Echo painfully crawls over to Jinx's motionless body and places his arm across her before passing back out.

"Jinx!" He faintly hears a man yell out.

"Sorry dad, I didn't keep my promise." Echo said talking to his own memories of Vander.

"I want to tell you that it gets easier kiddo. But I'd be lying." Vander said standing over him.

He regains conciseness briefly and sees Silco carrying Jinx.

"What about him?" One of the men with him asks Silco.

"Leave him to his fate." Silco says as they begin to walk away.

"Blue...jay... no." Echo faintly says before passing back out due to the pain.

"So am I dead?" He asks the figure in front of him.

"Not if you don't give up." The figure said, revealing that it is himself.

Echo quickly wakes up and starts breathing fast.

"Have... to... find... her." He mumbled to himself as he limped back towards The Lanes.

He dodged the enforcers and council members who were on the bridge surveying the carnage, he noticed Jayce Talis at one point looking at Marcus's corpse when his vision wasn't fuzzy.

He sat down against a building when he knew he was out of their range. He looked at his leg, bits of shrapnel from the blast were stuck in his calf, he painstakingly pulled the large pieces out and took off his shirt to muffle his cries of pain as he used his pocketknife to dig the smaller pieces out of his calf then he took the shirt out of his mouth and tore pieces of his shirt off to use as a makeshift bandage to cover his bleeding calf.

"Damn it you idiot." He said, hitting himself in the head "Why can't you do anything right."

He dozed off for a few hours and woke up to the pouring rain.

"Great." He muttered to himself.

He then heard footsteps coming towards him from his side of the bridge.

"We'll I guess this is where it all ends for me." He muttered to himself as he chuckled at his fate.

As the footsteps got closer, Echo thought he realized who was walking towards him.

"Vi?" Echo asked as the figure got closer.

"Echo? What the hell happened?" Vi asked in response to his question.

"I ain't too sure, one minute I help stop Ekko from killing your sister and the next I say 'I love you' just before being pushed back by Ekko followed by a blast and then black." He explained in short, remembering what he could from the fuzzy memories.

"I'm pretty sure you know this already but she's had a crush on you since the day we met you." She said as she sat down next to him, taking off the Hextech gauntlets that she had on.

"Yeah. Man, I'm such a dumbass." He said facepalming and laughing at himself.

"Where did she go?" She asked him when he stopped laughing.

"Silco... took her again. I was fading in and out of conciseness so I couldn't do anything to help, again." He said as he began to sulk against the building.

"Let's go and find her." Vi said as she stood up.

"Can't in my current situation." He said as the feeling of worthlessness began to take hold.